• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noday

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    New as well used to own handgun, moved to 12 guage for the house when I got married looking to carry again as well any tips? Looking at 380's but the ammo looks slim and expensive..Im looking for a slimmer 9, any suggestions for a carry/home pistol?

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Most 9 mm pistols have a double stack magazine and make the grip a little wider as opposed to a single stack magazine. The local GS showed me the new S&W SD9 and SD40, neat new pistol for carry with a lot of little things that add up to a good feeling for the hand. Best to go to a gun shop or show to see what feels good for your hand. Check with people you know and see if you can shoot their pistols to find what you like. Good luck in your search. Before you buy a pistol, see if there are holsters available before you get a pistol and can't find any holsters to fit it.

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Ruger SR9C is a nice carry gun for a reasonable price. Comes with a compact magazine and a full size magazine. So you have both grip sizes. It shoots as good as the Glock26 , xd9c or the M&P9c. If price Ruger SR9C for a new one is about $399.99. If you can find a nice Glock, Springfield, S&W used one of the about for around that price then good for it. All listed are good size carry guns that you can carry almost anywhere.

Remember first, that the gun has to feel good in your hand. Easy to use for you. Hold them all. Play with them. See how the sights come up for you when you bring it from your side to you shoot stance.

Here comes the flames. The Ruger SR9C, Glock 26, Springfield xd9c and the M&P9c are about same in quality. Just different workings on them. Same as Dodge, Chevy and Ford. I like Dodge and I like almost all guns. I have all listed, would trust them all if s**t hit the fan.

Would price at other gun shops before you would every by at Gander Mountain or Evil "Don". ( highest price gun shops in Indy).

Last edited:

bambek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Henry Co.
    38 sp J frame is what i end up carrying most days. For me, it's easy to conceal. Though this all may change after the 1500 Saturday!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    For the new shooter 9mm is probably the most affordable of the centerfire cartridges. Lots of ammo choices. Start with Glock, Springfield, Ruger, FNH, Smith&Wesson. Other good choices out there that are both cheaper and more expensive, but those five offer solid products that hold their value and are reliable.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I love my CW9. It is slim and very light. Easy to conceal.

mdtl_cw9093.jpg
    http://www.stevecampbell.org/image/mdtl_cw9093.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Ruger SR9C is a nice carry gun for a reasonable price. Comes with a compact magazine and a full size magazine. So you have both grip sizes. It shoots as good as the Glock26 , xd9c or the M&P9c. If price Ruger SR9C for a new one is about $399.99. If you can find a nice Glock, Springfield, S&W used one of the about for around that price then good for it. All listed are good size carry guns that you can carry almost anywhere.

Remember first, that the gun has to feel good in your hand. Easy to use for you. Hold them all. Play with them. See how the sights come up for you when you bring it from your side to you shoot stance.

Here comes the flames. The Ruger SR9C, Glock 26, Springfield xd9c and the M&P9c are about same in quality. Just different workings on them. Same as Dodge, Chevy and Ford. I like Dodge and I like almost all guns. I have all listed, would trust them all if s**t hit the fan.

Would price at other gun shops before you would every by at Gander Mountain or Evil "Don". ( highest price gun shops in Indy).
    this...

I love my SR9c, it's fantastic. has a nice little pop though, so you do need to practice with it as you don't really expect a 9mm to pop like it does, it's got to be 3x as loud as my fnp45

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I started with the G26 as my first CCW. When I found it a bit too large for summer carry I added the Taurus 709 Slim. Both work well. If I feel the need, I can carry the 709 in an ankle holster as a BUG. Both use 9mm so I do not have to look for more than one caliber.

There are other options, but these are a good place to start. Worked for me.

Good luck.

Top Bottom