• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am generally pretty circumspect about sharing my inventory openly, but these are fun additions which are benign enough!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The upper images are my new to me 26.5mm Luftwaffe Modell L (originally manufactured by Krieghoff) flare pistol manufactured by Emil Eckolt 1942. The lower images are a US M8 37mm flare pistol manufactured by Eureka Vacuum Cleaner in 1942. Same date was a coincidence, not a collector fetish.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Neat looking flare guns - have you, or do you intend to actually "shoot" them? I have looked at a few and really thought it would be neat to launch a flare or two at my son's (country) house.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Neat looking flare guns - have you, or do you intend to actually "shoot" them? I have looked at a few and really thought it would be neat to launch a flare or two at my son's (country) house.

It isn't a high priority at the moment, but I would like to sooner or later.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Never seen a double barrel flare gun.

The Japanese went one better and built a triple!

fgt90v3right.jpg

fgt90front.jpg

Rear.JPG

fgthree.jpg

The bottom image is that of the Japanese single, double, and triple all together.

No, I do not have any of these. They are extremely rare and well beyond what I am willing to pay for such trinkets!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The three lugs on the barrel of the M8 were there to push and turn it to lock into a flange mounted in the fuselage skin of a B-25 and then shoot flares over the target area.

I had one and 6 flares my Dad brought back from his instructor days in B-25's at Randolph AFB.

They were so old I called Crane and they sent out an EOD team to transport and dispose of them.

The grips on the Japanese double and triple look a lot like the design on the Nambu pistol.

Top Bottom