• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So Daddy Dave is giving up the Sonoma and building his own car. This will be interesting.

Tonight it looks like Chuck rolls the death trap.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is he loosing his sugar daddy. Not seen him for a long time.
    From what I understand Daddy Dave says he was tired of everybody giving him **** about not having his own skin in the game so he's giving the keys back to Sugar Daddy and going on his own with his own car. That's what he says anyway.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It's an entertaining show for motor-heads for sure. I watch it all the time but have to keep reminding myself it's all choreographed. There is no such thing as a "reality show". Nonetheless, it is easy to get into and I particularly liked the episode last night when the Murder Nova and the Crow ran for #1. Each of them claiming 2,000 HP at the rear wheels! :wow:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's an entertaining show for motor-heads for sure. I watch it all the time but have to keep reminding myself it's all choreographed. There is no such thing as a "reality show". Nonetheless, it is easy to get into and I particularly liked the episode last night when the Murder Nova and the Crow ran for #1. Each of them claiming 2,000 HP at the rear wheels! :wow:

I think the races are for real and if you grew uo street racing as I did there were fights all the time....serious fights.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I think the races are for real and if you grew uo street racing as I did there were fights all the time....serious fights.

Agreed. The races are real and fun to watch. But who knows how many runs are edited out until the desired results are aired. My street racing days were in the mid 60s in NW Marion County. Lots of races but I don't recall any fights related to the racing. The fights were over the fast girls. I mean the ones whose daddies bought them 442s & GTOs. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. The races are real and fun to watch. But who knows how many runs are edited out until the desired results are aired. My street racing days were in the mid 60s in NW Marion County. Lots of races but I don't recall any fights related to the racing. The fights were over the fast girls. I mean the ones whose daddies bought them 442s & GTOs. :D

I was in NW marion Co. as well. Around 65/66 got into the street scene. The fights were when we went south to the T-Pee on the strip. When you see the tempers flare and some pushing on the TV show that usually escalated to a good fist fight back in the day. When we stayed west side indy (Speedway) it was calm enough.
    Some of the Brownsburg boys never knew when to shut up.
    Ah the girls who followed the cars...........:)

We used to tune the fast girls cars.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I ready for the show tonight and really want to see Daddy Dave's new car done but Im sure it will be the last show of the year or even next seasons show before we get to see it ???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I ready for the show tonight and really want to see Daddy Dave's new car done but Im sure it will be the last show of the year or even next seasons show before we get to see it ???

Last couple I have seen DD's car was not there. I would bet the sugar daddy repoed the S-10

Vegas racers cheat.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Did they ever say anything else about Murder Nova blowing his motor up? I think I haven't missed anything but just checking.

And the new guy with the mannequin driving the Vega ........ I hope it's only part of the show. :nuts:

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    lol, no the guy driving the vega has a mannequin as a co-pilot his name is "bob", lmao... Never heard anymore about the murder nova motor fix but they are going back to cali again tonight so may hear something about it tonight ?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    lol, no the guy driving the vega has a mannequin as a co-pilot his name is "bob", lmao... Never heard anymore about the murder nova motor fix but they are going back to cali again tonight so may hear something about it tonight ?

I thought he blew it up in Louisiana, racing the Kye Kelly group.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is there a show on tonight?

Edit: scooped by TH. I didn't think there was either.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Just checked my DVR set to record and NO show tonight do to that damn shark week BS... WTF who really cares about shark week I mean really !!!!???? Comes back on next Monday.... Gonna be a long week waiting... :( And the Murder nova did mess the motor up in Louisiana but they raced in Cali last week and never heard anything about it ? Also Daddy Dave opened up his in shop working on cars and that's where his new car is, said it would be 2500hp when done and Im sure he will be running Nitro instead of a turbo, he's not a big turbo fan but you never know he may get on board after getting his ass handed to him by the crow ?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nitrous can be introduced in behind the turbo as a HP catalyst and a sub-cooling agent. The injectors have to run richer to add more fuel but I have seen this done before.
    I introduced Nitrous into the intake on 3 different supercharged engines (2 cars/1 bike) and it made more horse power that way than running it in the pressure side. It was violent in the pressure side. When put into the intake of the blowers it was very calm by comparison but made more power.

Top Bottom