Very interesting
    iu

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Smith and Wesson CSX 9mm, 10 and 12 round magazines, Single Action Only, Frame appears to be aluminum, Ambi safety and slide stop, Mag release appears to swap, 3 dot sights, M&P style backstraps

Trigger has a short travel but mildly stiff break. Trigger pull overall is not bad. The reset is atrocious though. False reset then real reset. Hope that wears out.

Haven’t shot it but it feels great in the hand as well as solid.

Above is the quoted post from the guy who leaked it on another forum, apparently he works at a gunshop or distributor and this showed up with the S&W shipment.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Would be really cool if it took Shield Plus mags, but guessing not based on the capacities, as I understand the Shield plus mags to be 10 or 13 rounders, but we'll hear more soon I'm sure.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If this had come out at the time the Shield did, I would probably have one.

I'm good with my Shield though. Actually I'm still better with my Shield than I am with my 2.0 Compact. Go figure.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    I mean. It seems pointless?

Why hinged trigger on sao?

Why is it so large for only 10 rounds?

Why no optic cut or railed dust cover?

I mean, there are smaller lighter pistols with more options already on the market.

Just why?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Boy, I dunno. I want to like it but my PC Shield is going to be hard to beat for EDC. And I have a DW ECO if I want to get my 1911 carry jam on. But I like the idea of the CSX. Could care less about an optics cut, I'm not in that camp. It's a cool idea, I'm intrigued.

But I don't get the dingus on a SAO trigger. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me?

Last edited:

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I mean. It seems pointless?

Why hinged trigger on sao?

Why is it so large for only 10 rounds?

Why no optic cut or railed dust cover?

I mean, there are smaller lighter pistols with more options already on the market.

Just why?

Size isn't everything. As a 6'5" dude, I don't care for the micro-compact trend much (they're just too small to fill my hand), but I do like a nice single-stack compact belt gun, and I'm willing to sacrifice some capacity for that sleek, perfect fit. I also don't want a big, blocky rail or optics cut on my carry guns.

I actually got excited about this one...right up until I looked close and realized it's SAO (and SAO with a trigger dingus at that???). I like a nice SAO for the range, but I won't carry a gun with a manual safety for defensive purposes. I am fully aware that it's possible to train disengaging the safety into your draw, but my work gun doesn't have one, and I'm committed to keeping the manual of arms required to bring my defensive guns into action the same...just a simple trigger pull to make it go bang.

The CSX is clearly designed as a carry gun...it's too small to be a competition piece or range toy. I love that S&W is putting out something new that is not a polymer-framed, striker-fired P365 copy...not saying there's anything wrong with those, but there's enough of them out there already. And I love the idea of a sleek, modern engineered, metal-framed, hammer-fired carry gun. If it was DA/SA with a decocker only, or DAO, I'd probably get one of these. But since it's not, I'm out.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Some people don’t use rails or optics so I get it and no big deal. That said, I’m just wondering why they don’t just bring back the 3900,5900,4000,1000 and 4500 series under the “Classic” line. There would be a market and a lot of us that cut their teeth on metal framed hammer fired DA/DA guns.

Top Bottom