• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bahrutile

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Its illegal to carry a firearm with out a permit in indiana, so they really just don't like law abiding citizens money...

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    I just got home from seeing Spider Man and didn't see a sign. Can't say that I ever look for a sign anywhere I go. :dunno: We even stopped at Cold Stone for some of the good stuff. Am I printing?

OP, I'm not making fun of you in any way. If you are considering writing a letter to the corporate headquarters, please PM me their address and I will be glad to put one together, also.

IMG233.jpg

This has been another Que-Tip. :rockwoot:

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I agree with concealed carry. I quit going to the theaters and would rather watch movies at home. Cheaper and saves money to buy more ammo or firearms. :rockwoot:

I do not look for signs while visiting places. Probably not right but I have the mindset of mind over matter or "I don't mind and they don't matter.". Especially when their store policy effects the safety of my loved ones and self. :draw:

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I work in a closed mall, there are signs posted as "Code of Conduct" at
    each and every entrance. Firearms are not allowed on property.
    However as an employee there, I really don't have an issue if someone
    carries as long as it's covered and not visable.

:welcome:TO THE MALL !!!!!!:draw:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I work in a closed mall, there are signs posted as "Code of Conduct" at
    each and every entrance. Firearms are not allowed on property.
    However as an employee there, I really don't have an issue if someone
    carries as long as it's covered and not visable.

:welcome:TO THE MALL !!!!!!:draw:

Then, how would you know they are carrying? :dunno:

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    What a coincidence… long story short..ah maybe… the better half and me have been working our arses off since the March 2nd tornado, trying to move back toward some kind of normalcy. Decided to take off on a road trip, ended up running the old National Road from Richmond to Plainfield (Obamanomics has not been kind to that stretch of road). Spent the night in Plainfield, first visit to Metropolis, saw no signs pertaining to firearms (or mentally ignored them if I did), no issues, but CC most times anyway. Looks to be a pretty prosperous area compared to other places we drove thru. But we were strangers in a strange land, aint used to the big city do'ins...Just say’in…:)

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I CC in the Tippecanoe Co mall and Lafayette police asked to see my LTCH. The bottom of my holster was apparently showing. The owner of the property is Simon Malls who has a no firearms policy for their malls. The officer just asked that I secure my firearm in my vehicle before returning. I told him I hadn't seen it posted anywhere but he said it was online. Looked it up on their website and sure enough it was there.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    First time I heard about it at the Rave, one of the "Managers" (16-17 year old kid) chased me down....He told me the same thing and I politely asked where the sign is....

Yes it's inside, it's on the small brick portion of the wall from the Ticket payment window on the inside of the second set of glass doors. Usually where the PPD stands.

So instead of causing a big comotion I just took it back out to the car and locked it up. The next time I went in I asked one of the PPD guys about it and he said, "Yea it's silly, but I wouldn't have said anything to you"

I've OCed all over that area, we go there a lot. Only a few stores that I've not carried into and eaten at all of the resturants there all while OC.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    First time I heard about it at the Rave, one of the "Managers" (16-17 year old kid) chased me down....He told me the same thing and I politely asked where the sign is....

Yes it's inside, it's on the small brick portion of the wall from the Ticket payment window on the inside of the second set of glass doors. Usually where the PPD stands.

So instead of causing a big comotion I just took it back out to the car and locked it up. The next time I went in I asked one of the PPD guys about it and he said, "Yea it's silly, but I wouldn't have said anything to you"

I've OCed all over that area, we go there a lot. Only a few stores that I've not carried into and eaten at all of the resturants there all while OC.
    Doubtful that he would ignore it...but if so +1 for officer discretion

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Doubtful that he would ignore it...but if so +1 for officer discretion

LOL they have seen me, that's what I'm saying. It wasn't PPD it was the Rave kid. I walked right up to the sign where he was standing and he didn't even say a word lol.

You can ask anyone that's met me, I'm not easy to miss in a crowd even when I don't have a G22 on.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I thought I've heard of them asking you to leave it in the car before. I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere. I've always known the PPD to be working there and seeing as how my LEO interactions with OC have not gone well in my experience, I try to avoid them. Unfortunately, going to an occasional movie is the one thing my wife and I can sometimes get enough free time and money to attend. Typically, we do NOT do business with ANY company who doesn't accept our rights and we make them ALL aware of that. This is the one exception I make unfortunately for previously mentioned reasons. It's on my list of places to CC though. Although, I've had friends accompany me there who were blatantly printing, shirt riding up a lot, etc. directly in front of hte posted officers and they never said a word.:dunno:

This is one of those instances which I question my own ethics. I don't like supporting their business because of their stance, but it's something which I compromise on sherely for personal satisfaction and knowing that I can CC. Seeing as how nearly ALL theatres are no go areas, it doesn't make a difference to me which one I go to if I must go to one. It really bothers me to give them any business at all though for shear principle of it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    LOL they have seen me, that's what I'm saying. It wasn't PPD it was the Rave kid. I walked right up to the sign where he was standing and he didn't even say a word lol.

You can ask anyone that's met me, I'm not easy to miss in a crowd even when I don't have a G22 on.
    Ahh....yeah my wife got carded by the ticket taker who was like a 15yo girl for an R rated movie ....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well I'm sure there's no "Mall Policy" against carrying due to the fact that the owner went bankrupt and now us taxpayers are the current owners of the facility until someone decides to purchase it from the town. The Rave doesn't want you carrying because they want to rob you while you're there with their ridiculous prices! lol
    :popcorn:

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    This is one of those instances which I question my own ethics. I don't like supporting their business because of their stance, but it's something which I compromise on sherely for personal satisfaction and knowing that I can CC. Seeing as how nearly ALL theatres are no go areas, it doesn't make a difference to me which one I go to if I must go to one. It really bothers me to give them any business at all though for shear principle of it.

Dude, I hear ya... I absolutely can't stand to give my business to any company that denies me my right. Not to mention something I paid for, and was okay'ed by the federal government. It get's on my nerves and I will be letting them know that unless it's changed, they won't ever see any of my cash again. And I usually spend well over $100/year at the theater. Now, I'm ofcourse, not naive enough to think that my $100~ is going to effect a major theater chain in the slightest, but as a person in a position to change things based on reasonable customer complaints, they should take the complaint of a loyal customer in to deep consideration in my opinion.

The customer is always right. :yesway:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Well I'm sure there's no "Mall Policy" against carrying due to the fact that the owner went bankrupt and now us taxpayers are the current owners of the facility until someone decides to purchase it from the town. The Rave doesn't want you carrying because they want to rob you while you're there with their ridiculous prices! lol
    :popcorn:

The town owns it? I was under the impression it's the bank that owns it and CBRE is managing it?

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Dude, I hear ya... I absolutely can't stand to give my business to any company that denies me my right. Not to mention something I paid for, and was okay'ed by the federal government. It get's on my nerves and I will be letting them know that unless it's changed, they won't ever see any of my cash again. And I usually spend well over $100/year at the theater. Now, I'm ofcourse, not naive enough to think that my $100~ is going to effect a major theater chain in the slightest, but as a person in a position to change things based on reasonable customer complaints, they should take the complaint of a loyal customer in to deep consideration in my opinion.

The customer is always right. :yesway:

That's like I night for me and the fam, there are 5 of us lol. Then you get drinks and things easy for us to do $80 and we go to the movies a lot.

Top Bottom