• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Just arrived today! First impressions, I'm in love! Same great cheek weld as the Magpul ACS but weighs considerably less at least to me. It is also slightly longer than the CTR I'm currently running which allows me to get a better cheek weld. I got it from Joeboboutfitters for $80 shipped. Now I just need to decide whether to keep the CTR on my SBR build or sell it and pick up another STR?

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Looks good!
    What's with the nut in the QD? I haven't seen one like that before.
    We need to get Joeboboutfitters as a site sponsor here.
    I made an order a couple weeks ago and was highly impressed with the price, speed and communication.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Looks good!
    What's with the nut in the QD? I haven't seen one like that before.
    We need to get Joeboboutfitters as a site sponsor here.
    I made an order a couple weeks ago and was highly impressed with the price, speed and communication.

I don't know, it came with it already there.(I know the CTR's had to be purchased serperately) I will probably take it off since I don't use the sling points on the stock, I like mine further up where the reciever and buffer tube meet.

I have ordered from Joebobs a couple times now and haven't had an single problem yet. very good pricing, fast shipping, and they throw in free stuff.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't know, it came with it already there.(I know the CTR's had to be purchased serperately)

Actually the CTR has an ambidextrous QD mount built in. Its the ACS that also has the add-on mount.

Too many acronyms. :D

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Too many acronyms. :D

I ordered a PRS PDQ when they first came out. I clicked "air freight" since i wanted it ASAP, but the POS company sent it ground...SNAFU. I just hope the PRS will allow me to see my t-1 to help make targets FUBAR or in case of TEOtWAWKI otherwise I think i have a lawsuit IANAL though. ROLF LOL BRB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    +1 to OP .... never heard of JoeBobs and was having a hard time finding this in stock.

Just got my STR in, im loving it already and i havent even gotten it on my rifle yet! I may start looking at ways to cut some weight off my gun, does anyone know if the CTR is noticeably lighter?

cTEKs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    101 Lakes
    Just got my STR

How much padding is really on these? My son is whining that he needs padding on the AR in order to shoot it He is 13 and doesn't like the hard plastic spiked texture that came on the RAA LAR-15 and says he will shoot it if I change to something with padding. :rolleyes: He will shoot 12ga slugs because there is padding.

I see this comes in mil-spec and commercial-spec models.... How does a guy know which to order?

Last edited:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    How much padding is really on these? My son is whining that he needs padding on the AR in order to shoot it He is 13 and doesn't like the hard plastic spiked texture that came on the RAA LAR-15 and says he will shoot it if I change to something with padding. :rolleyes: He will shoot 12ga slugs because their is padding.

I see this comes in mil-spec and commercial-spec models.... How does a guy know which to order?

In my picture above I have the enhanced buttpad on my stock which is the thickest pad magpul offers.

Take your buttstock off your rifle if the end of the buffertube is angled its commercial, if it is flat it is milspec. Most rock rivers are commercial spec buffer tubes.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    In my picture above I have the enhanced buttpad on my stock which is the thickest pad magpul offers.

Take your buttstock off your rifle if the end of the buffertube is angled its commercial, if it is flat it is milspec. Most rock rivers are commercial spec buffer tubes.

I have a commercial buffertube the end is flat. It came off of a sig556.

cTEKs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    101 Lakes

Commercial it is then. Good to know that is the thickest pad. Now to locate one....

Top Bottom