• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I'm in the process of getting my LTCH. According to the ISP website, it looks like they issue plastic cards instead of pink pieces of paper. Can anyone confirm this is the case? If it is, would it still be suggested/recommended to make a copy of it?

I would rather keep my original in a locked safe at home when I receive it and carry around copies in case they are lost/stolen, but it looks like the new cards make that a moot point. Perhaps we don't have any other option but to pay the $20 for additional cards?

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Yes the new cards are plastic like a credit card/drivers license. I don't see a point in getting an extra unless you just want the peace of mind.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why do you want additional cards? Wait until you NEED a new one to buy a new one.

In order of preference:
    1. Keep a photocopy in the safe and carry the original.
    2. Keep the original in the safe and carry a photocopy.
    3. Keep the original in the safe and carry nothing.

All options are legal.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Question, if I already have my LTCH(pink paper), what would I need to do to get one of these more durable plastic card?

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    IMO they are not worth it...They still don't have your picture on it. Just a glorified piece of paper. I have 6 copies of my original. One in my wallet, one in my tackle box, one in each vehicle, and spares in with my gun stuff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why do you want additional cards? Wait until you NEED a new one to buy a new one.

In order of preference:
    1. Keep a photocopy in the safe and carry the original.
    2. Keep the original in the safe and carry a photocopy.
    3. Keep the original in the safe and carry nothing.

All options are legal.

I take pics of all my wallet carry docs and store them in the cloud. If anything or everything is lost or stolen I have a copy. A digital (and printable) copy that I can actually show officer friendly if there is any sort of Internet access available. My phone, their phone, on board computer, etc.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    IMO they are not worth it...They still don't have your picture on it. Just a glorified piece of paper. I have 6 copies of my original. One in my wallet, one in my tackle box, one in each vehicle, and spares in with my gun stuff.

Some of us would prefer to not have our picture on it. Ideally, I should not even have to have one. Let's see if that gets changed next year. :D

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm all for the no picture. I did get a plastic one, cost me a sawbuck as I recall. Also it has "Duplicate" printed right on it, which I don't like but I that's accurate. I leave the pretty pink paper at home and tote around the pretty pink plastic.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I had my pink paper laminated when I got it. I prefer that to another "thick/stiff" piece of plastic in the wallet.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    ISP had a booth at last Indy1500 show to make it easy getting the new card,you got online and paid there. they were very busy,mine is in the mail ,or just go online to ISP website .

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I got the new plastic card right after I moved and they became available last year. Had to update my address anyway.

(wait for it)

typo31

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Whiteland
    I laminated my pink one when I got it, but it has been in my wallet so long it is starting to come apart. I just requested a duplicate "card" just for the durability of it. It costs $21.42 in total. Someone told me that you could only do it online if you already had your original "application" number handy. That is not the case, you can create a login and it will give you your application number after you enter your license number. Once it gives you that application number, you use it as your login for future use.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'd prefer to not have one at all. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are a ton of people on here that agree with me.

I am one for sure!

But the main reason for my chiming is is that I don't believe in throwing away hard earned cash. If ISP wants me to have a plastic pink slip they will gige me a FREE replacement. I don't have to carry it but I do incase I am stopped in another State. My laminated one will last a lifetime.

I got the new plastic card right after I moved and they became available last year. Had to update my address anyway.

(wait for it)

Well here it is, you as a lawyer know full well that it is not required by IC to buy a replacement when you change your address, only inform the ISP.

Your post would imply to the unICed that they must spend 21.42 whenever they move. Whereas you can get a box of hollow points for close to the same price.

Top Bottom