• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nprecon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Anderson area.
    Greetings. Arrived here via my brother in-law, who has been a member for a while. We discuss weapons, personal carry and personal protection topics fairly regularly when we are together. I'm interested in personal carry issues, self defense and the various laws regulating the same so I decided to join and see what members are thinking and to gain some additional insight, experience and opinions from other gun owners.

I retired from the military a little over five years ago after a quarter of a century plus in uniform. it was simply a job (like many others) with a lot of adventure and was enjoyable. I find I now have much more time for regular "citizen type activities" to include actually getting to know my neighbors and citizens of the town. The military was great, but it is behind me now. The only thing I really miss are the great American soldiers I served with throughout the years. As life typically would have it we are separated by quite a bit of geography now and so we don't get together often.

I am not a "been there and done that" kind of guy about much of anything and I don't get excited too easy. As far as weapons, I prefer the .45ACP and the simple .22 long rifle cartridge for protection and hunting. I like to dove hunt with .12 gage and that's really about it. I keep the types of cartridges to have to stock simple. Simple is "more better" in life, IMHO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom