• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Going back to Beech Grove firearms thursday to pick me up a new G19. I talked to them earlier today and offered me pricing on a new one i couldn't refuse. You can get a new glock for only 425 if your some time of military active/retired or a LEO! How amazing is that?

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Glock has got alot of business because of their LEO and military pricing schedule. I think that its awesome. I wonder what Glocks true unit cost is on a standard model?

Jolfe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Muncie
    Congratulations!! Unbelievable price for sure. If I was ever forced to own only one gun the Glock 19 will be it. It's simply the best :D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Grats on the new G19, one of the finest 9mm out there. Mine is my daily carry and has been a fantastic gun since day one. Almost impossible to go wrong with a 19!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I like the military and LEO discount on them.....but in all honesty I'm not a huge Glock fan, reputation is more hype than anything IMO.....but they are good guns, no problems with them ever.....that being said, I have never fired one in 9mm and have been considering getting a G19 to add to my collection as well.....but out of curiosity, how would you glock fans compare its perceived recoil in the 9mm to something larger and metal...like say a Beretta? notice any difference between the two as far as recoil, muzzle rise, etc?? actually, come to think of it..I've never had a polymer 9mm of any kind...always larger calibers

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I like the military and LEO discount on them.....but in all honesty I'm not a huge Glock fan, reputation is more hype than anything IMO.....but they are good guns, no problems with them ever.....that being said, I have never fired one in 9mm and have been considering getting a G19 to add to my collection as well.....but out of curiosity, how would you glock fans compare its perceived recoil in the 9mm to something larger and metal...like say a Beretta? notice any difference between the two as far as recoil, muzzle rise, etc?? actually, come to think of it..I've never had a polymer 9mm of any kind...always larger calibers

I've had a Beretta 92fs, G17 full size 9mm, and a G19 now. I didn't notice a recoil difference at all really, Glock's are pretty soft recoil wise in my opinion. The G19 is a pleasure to shoot!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I sort of figured that it would be pretty negligable considering it's only a 9mm anyway....even in 40 it's a very slight difference from a metal to polymer frame....hardly noticeable....but thanks....think I'll add one to my collection in the near future

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Looking to get my first glock here soon. I can't decide between the 19 and the 23.

19...practice ammo is considerably cheaper....less recoil=faster site/target acquisition for follow up shots...plus if you have a lady friend that will shoot it she will most likely like the 19 much better too

new_guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    For all those wondering it's a gen 4. BGF just got this deal in yesterday and didn't have any in stock but they're coming in tomorrow. So I'll be there to pick it up and take it shooting tomorrow. Man ive missed this state. Last weapon I bought was a empty lower receiver in California that I had to wait 10 days to get! Can't beat wanting a gun and buying it the same day and picking it up that same day :)

Top Bottom