• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As I slide further down the slippery slope of Glockdom, I just bought a Gen 4 G27 about a week ago to use as an EDC gun. It was originally bought because I did not have anything in .40 S&W and wanted to pick something up in that caliber. After a couple of range trips, where the gun has worked flawlessly, I've decided to make this one of my primary carry guns. I picked up a G23 mag as a spare and have a sleeve for the mag on order.

I've run close to 200 rounds of a mix of hand loaded ammo, commercial and SD ammo (Hornady Critical Duty 175g) and it has been both easy to shoot and accurate. It carries very well and packs a decent punch for the size gun. It's small enough to pocket carry in a good pocket holster when wearing cargo pants, but is still much larger than my normal pocket Sig P238. I'm thinking it will be less a pocket gun than a normal IWB or OWB gun. Fortunately, while rooting through the holster drawer, I found a couple of G27 specific holsters I had bought when I had my Rami.

IMAG1704-1_zps1374d030.jpg

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Congrats. They are awesome. Only issue I have is with the 23/22 magazines and the finger sleeves, is that in a mag swap or even trying to carry a spare. The sleeves prove to be extra "pieces" that get in the way of speed and/or comfort. I also prefer the pearce + finger grooves, makes a whole heck of a difference from the 2 finger, jump that it tries to do.

May want to look into getting a 9mm conversion barrel adds a whole new level to 1 gun functionality.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I found this one at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I've been to Elmore's, PSS and Bradis over the weekend and none had another G27 in stock. PSS had a pair of G22s though.

I do have a pair of Pierce base plates on order along with the mag sleeve. We'll see how the mag sleeve works out when it gets here, but I have no doubt the base plates with the extension will work out fine. I got those for me G29 and they do make a world of difference.

I think I'll order a 9mm barrel for it. Options are a good thing to have. I have a .40 barrel on order for my G20, but those are on backorder since January and still no sign of shipping.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I just got a PX4sc and the G27 has been in my sight. The price is what has kept me away and this would also be my first without a safety. The 9mm barrel is what i really like.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Congrats on a nice piece. I bought mine last year and love it. It's accurate and balanced pretty well. I originally thought about the 26 but got an amazing deal on a 6 month old gen3 I couldn't pass up. I was pleasantly surprised to find that .40 ammo has been more readily available than 9mm during this crazy buying frenzy. I believe it's partly due to the fact that alot of first time gun owners choose a 9mm and therefore buy up the ammo as we've seen since the Connecticut situation. :twocents:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    "Decent punch" indeed

Some many years ago, when IPD was switching to the Glock 22/23, we had the opportunity to buy any Glock through the City's armory. I did a bit of nosing around thinking about opting for .45 ACP. I was surprised to find data which indicated the .40 had more muzzle energy than the .45. Of course, that's just math based on bullet weight and velocity. Bullets have changed a bit since then but they are probably still very close. I bought a 23 then but now carry a Gen4 27. I sincerely hope magazine capacity never becomes an issue!

Ausra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    SW Indy
    I just purchased a gen 4 glock 27 from bradis on Saturday. I called Saturday morning looking for a Springfield xds and they didn't have one, on a whim I asked if they had a glock 27 and he said yes. He put it in the back room for me and an hour later it was at my home. Great people at bradis I will continue to shop there.

I also bought the glock +1 mag extensions and did not like them. Traded them for Pearce pinky extensions at elmores and put a hogue grip on. I'd post pictures but not sure if I can from my mobile device. Ill try when I get home to my laptop.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    A G27 gen 4 has been my EDC for about 2 years. I've gotten so used to it, that carrying anything else feels weird lol. I've put thousands of rounds through it, and the only times it's jammed on me are when i had pierce +1's on the 9 round mags. Not saying that's a common thing, because i have no idea. I just had a feeling that's what was causing the malfunctions and after removing them I've not had a single hiccup. Congrats, you made a good choice!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've gotten the Pierce grip extensions and the mag sleeve and now like this gun even more. I have the flat base on 1 mag and the extensions on the other two. It's quite comfortable either way. I also have the mag sleeve for the G23 mag on it now and I'd rate that at about a 90%. It feels great and I like the extra ammo, but on the first mag with it installed, I had the slide lock back after the 2nd round. I cannot imagine how it could cause that other than if the mag body is flexing but that does not sound right. I'll keep that one for practice until I have enough ammo through it to be confident in its function.

The round count is now at about 250 and I like this gun even more than when I bought it. I can see this becoming my main EDC in warm weather when I need to CC.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    Recently picked up a gen 4 glock 19. It's my first glock, but if I like it, then it won't be my last. (Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet)

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    I have recently sold myself on a 27 Gen4, due to ammo, holsters, aftermarket support, the wallet is going to feel this one...

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Nice choice. I had been rotating a 19 & 26 but I have found the 40 ammo a little easier to come by recently. If it doesn't change soon I will be investing in a 23 & 27.

Top Bottom