• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been wanting a Blackhawk SpecOps stock for my shotgun for several months now...

Well, I finally pulled the proverbial trigger!

I left work at noon Tuesday to make a special trip to TSG in order to patronize them. But they were closed. On a Tuesday. At least I got to poke around the other shop next door. Anthony even called Ron to see if they were going to be open... Nope.

So I drove down to Elmore's instead. They WERE open, and, therefore, got my money!

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

showing a full compliment of 2.75" S&B 00-Buck

1.jpg

showing a full compliment of Centurion 2" 00-Buck.

As soon as I get a clamp for the front of the beastie...I think she'll be done. For now.

-J-

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I have been looking Knoxx stock for my 870 for awhile. I am interested in your first range report. I have a Rem factory folding stock, non-adjustable, that seems on the long side for my house clearing duties.

I also am looking at how this adddition installed. Can it be done at home or does it take a gunsmith. I am also seeking this information for changing out to a large safety. Any information is appreciated.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    it is easily installed, comes with instructions and the required LONG allen wrench. Its not the best tool, and its kinda finicky but it gets the job done

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The rear stock portion is the easy part of the installation...

The fore end is the sticky part. Gotta have the right tools for that, which I don't.

I had just the regular factory wood on there beforehand.

And no, I haven't fired it yet. Monterrey...sorry, man, I can't. I took Tuesday afternoon off. (Shhh...don't tell my wife. lol)

-J-

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    The rear stock portion is the easy part of the installation...

The fore end is the sticky part. Gotta have the right tools for that, which I don't.

I had just the regular factory wood on there beforehand.

And no, I haven't fired it yet. Monterrey...sorry, man, I can't. I took Tuesday afternoon off. (Shhh...don't tell my wife. lol)

-J-

Hahaha!:D No problem, but we do need to get out, soon!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I like that look! Makes me want a shotty. What does an 870 run? Would that be good gun for the 1st time shotty owner? I dont know much about shotguns as im a wanna be AK expert.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The forend is a bit...Nancy Pelosi to get on, I had to file some plastic off to get it to fit right

Jason at Elmore's handled mine for me.

I also bought (:n00b:) a factory mag spring, cap, and follower should I feel the need to go waterfowl hunting. Easier to plug a factory mag than an extended one!

And Turtle, you can find a used 870 for $225-250 for the "express" model, which this one is. A Wingmaster WILL cost more.

$45-50 for a good mag tube extension; $20 for a swivel clamp (if that's your thing)...

Add in $120-130 for the Blackhawk! stock and fore end and you're all set.

-J-

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    The forend is a bit...Nancy Pelosi to get on, I had to file some plastic off to get it to fit right

I had to file mine also to get it on my 500 . I rough sanded the whole outside of it and gave it a couple of coats of Plasti-dip also .

With a little trial and error it came out nice with a textured finish , kinda feels like rubber .

Top Bottom