• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jfreeze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Hi guys,

I am not a gun owner but have gone to shooting ranges with friends a few times (a long time ago) and found it a lot of fun. Anyway the point of my post is that I am taking my 12 year old son out for a backpacking trip next weekend Aug. 17-19 and to do some "guy stuff" together. We will be camping down in Hoosier Natl Forest near Bloomington. On Saturday I am looking for some fun activities to do with him and I thought of finding a shooting range.

Is it even possible to take a 12-year old to a shooting range and in any case would any shooting range provide guns for "rent"? Very unkowledgeable about stuff like this and thought those of you on this forum would know the answers.

May not make sense but I thought I would give it a shot. Thanks in advance for any input you guys could give to me.

James

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hi,
    If I were you I wouldn't take my son to a range unless I had been there first on my own and was very comfortable with the whole affair. If you, youself are not completely comfortable with handling weapons I personally think it would be a bad idea to take a 12 year old. Not only would it be dangerous, but most boys would like to see their dad handle the situation well.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome from Mitchell!

I applaud your idea to get your son started in shooting. I wish I could help you with range/rental suggestions. Maybe if you follow Spasmo's suggestion you'd get better feedback.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    Welcome aboard from Clark County. Glad to have you here. As mentioned up a bit I would check out the links given for more information on ranges with rental guns.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom