• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    So I am thinking of getting a new 1911 soon, and was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the ATI versions of the 1911's? Can one build on them as you can with the Rock Island Armory guns? How well do they feed and such?

Thank you in advance

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have read that ATI's are good to go. I believe that one chick on here with a monkey and a 1911 owns one or two :)

I was debating between an ATI and a metro arms american classic II (which I bought) which already had most everything I wanted (sans night sights)

I have about 800 rounds on my MA.ACII, and about 400 on the MA.commander and both have been flawless with quality magazines (Wilson 47d and Chip McCormick's)

Is this for carry or plinking/range use?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have read that ATI's are good to go. I believe that one chick on here with a monkey and a 1911 owns one or two :)

Ha! Quite true.

As far as what you can do to them... pretty much whatever you want provided you have the skills/tools/(or smith). For instance, if you don't like the fixed front sight, you'd have to mill it out...etc..

As for the rest, I've got the FX45GI and it's way past 2k rounds of a mixed bag; factory, my reloads, RN, HP, SWC...and XtremeVel's exciting little grenades he calls "handloads" :rolleyes: :D
    Not a hiccup, not a glitch. :)

rthatchjr

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Cool and thank you for the quick responses! Snake I am just down the street by the target dist. center!

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    I have had the American Classic II full size 1911 .45 for two years now and it has been fantastic! I carry it daily...it has only had a few failure to feeds on the range but it was due to the ACT brand magazine that came with it. I purchased some Chip McCormick mags and I has been perfect ever since.

When I bought it I did lok at the RIA but their slide to frame fit was no where near as tight as the AC II . Being a life long 1911 guy and an old school Colt Gold Cup guy, I found the slide/frame tolerance very good. I do look at RIA when I am at gun shows and as of yet been impressed. You can't hardly find the AC II at gun shows....hidden gems! I bought mine NIB for $450 if I remember right...so far worth every penny!!!

The finish is starting to get hand rubbed and holster rubbed softness to it which I love..nothing beats a good old 1911 with holster shine!!!

GONZO!!!

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a LSI I carry everyday. I had to polish the feed ramp. After that I have ran around 9k round of various ammo threw it. Yesterday I picked up a new RIA that is pretty much the same gun. If it shoots like the LSI I will ne more them happy with it. Hard to beat a 1911!

Top Bottom