• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I don't think I said anything outside the rules, but if I did and I get an infraction, it's still worth it as it needed to be said.

Anyway, he knew the guy was desperate for money. He offered him $50 less initially, which is completely cool; all he had to say was "no" and tried to sell it to someone else.

But then he had to drive out of his way, wasting a bunch of gas, all the while being strapped for cash, so he may have had no choice but to sell it. What jgh did was dirty and I hope the other members here see that and refuse to deal with this low life. Maybe he'll fade away, since he's only here for the classifieds.
    im not saying what the guy did was ok by any means. but the offer didnt have to be accepted.

and admitting you need the money, like the seller did, might work ok here, maybe but usually its a mistake b/c its code word to public that "ill accept whatever you offer me b/c i have to"

even if he truly did need the money, admitting it was a mistake. you should always say you are selling the gun for a different reason.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    im not saying what the guy did was ok by any means. but the offer didnt have to be accepted.

and admitting you need the money, like the seller did, might work ok here, maybe but usually its a mistake b/c its code word to public that "ill accept whatever you offer me b/c i have to"

even if he truly did need the money, admitting it was a mistake. you should always say you are selling the gun for a different reason.

Yeah, and typically the average deal that goes down like that never gets
    found out about. Pulling a stunt like that on a network of 10,000 people
    and the word will get around. To show up and say "Whoops, I don't have
    enough money" is questionable at best. I know I would have a WTF moment.

The "sorry, that's all I got" will get a big (middle finger smiley) (thanks samot) from me on a deal.

Try that crap at the grocery store and see how much you walk out with.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

You don't know that.

Just because he mentioned it doesn't put him in the wrong.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I don't think I said anything outside the rules, but if I did and I get an infraction, it's still worth it as it needed to be said.

Anyway, he knew the guy was desperate for money. He offered him $50 less initially, which is completely cool; all he had to say was "no" and tried to sell it to someone else.

But then he had to drive out of his way, wasting a bunch of gas, all the while being strapped for cash, so he may have had no choice but to sell it. What jgh did was dirty and I hope the other members here see that and refuse to deal with this low life. Maybe he'll fade away, since he's only here for the classifieds.

:+1: Deal was made prior to meeting and assuming the gun was in the conditioned that was a (BADWORD) move on the supposed buyer.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    The more reason to stay away from those newb members with a low post count. I'd be interested in seeing the buyers response before i throw some neg rep around. If true these are the people that we need to keep the "CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS" aware of.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i hope i dont sound like im siding with they buyer, b/c im not at all. im just saying if the seller didnt like the deal then find a different buyer.

like printcraft said, if i brought 450 dollars worth of stuff to the checkout counter at a grocery store and then proceeded to whip out 430 dollars. im sure i would not leave with all of it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    so your saying he was forced to accept the offer at gunpoint?

C'mon man, you know what I meant...

We have no idea how "strapped" for cash he was...What if he used the last of his gas to drive 2(?) hours to meet him and he had no money to get back home? Was he supposed to leave his car there and hitchhike home? What if rent was due the next day and he wasted the previous 2-3 days dealing with this DB and had no chance to sell it before getting evicted/paying a big fee for being late on rent?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Why not wait for the seller and buyer to each give their accounts before making up all the missing or questionable details and administering third-hand punishments? :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why not wait for the seller and buyer to each give their accounts before making up all the missing or questionable details and administering third-hand punishments? :dunno:

While I agree with your sentiment, 99 times out of a 100 I'm going to side with someone like 40cal; a contributing member whom seems honest and also has never exploited the classifieds...Unlike the buyer in question, whom once reached 51 posts, started a thread in the Break Room pissing and moaning about how no one will accept his classifieds offers.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The suck part about this whole thing is that someone not in the deal busted the man with a neg rep....how sucky is that.

It's like that time I got hit with a neg rep by someone not even in the conversation. I'm sure it wont be the last time someone does it, I'm sure.

The buyer, it sounds to me like he is a shrewd business man and made a deal he was comfortable with. The seller could have said no and walked away and not told his friend he just lost money on a gun sale. :crying:

Read my three posts previous to the above one.

I gave him a neg rep too and I wasn't in the deal. I just hope that little red dot under his name keeps any other people from wasting their time driving to meet a scumbag. The deal was set at $450; any real man that keeps his word would have brought $450 with him.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    That is a scumbag move!!!!

I feel for the seller he might have spent his last $20 for gas to meet this D-Bag and had no choice..

This is the second neg rep I have given the buyer, I gave him one at post 51 for his little whining thread.

With all the good people on here if I was local to where the sale was happening if he would have called me and said "Hey man I just showed up and this POS is trying to short change me and I spent my last $20 on gas could you help me out?" I would have told home to tell the buyer to pound sand and brought $20 so he could get home.

We need an INGO network sort of thing.

Hell there are guys on here I have never met but would help if I could. Never met Ben but would jump if he needed the help. 99% of the people I have met from here are great people.

Top Bottom