• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Anyone have any good recommendations for a M1 magazine? I have a replica M1 carbine made by universal. Having trouble with mags. I don't believe it is the gun, but I've been wrong before...

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know much about the M1 Carbine, so I don't pay much attention to their related accessories...

...However, I think I remember seeing some new-production (Korean, I think) M1 carbine magazines when I was at Bradis 2 in Camby yesterday, a quick phone call tomorrow would let you know for sure.

Also, the Indy1500 gun show happens again at the end of the month, and you should have no problem finding what you need there.

I hope this helps!

-Paul

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is the gun.

The Universal M1 Carbine is not a GI M1 Carbine. It is an aftermarket M1 Carbine. You are very limited for mags because they have to be UNIVERSAL M1mags. And even then, they may not be reliable.

Somebody should have stopped them from calling the Universal M1 carbine a M1 Carbine. Because it is not a military M1 carbine. It is a POS rifle. I do not say this lightly, but based on many years of experience trying to make them work for many customers.

Sorry for your dilemma. You are not the first and probably won't be the last to face this.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    It is the gun.

The Universal M1 Carbine is not a GI M1 Carbine. It is an aftermarket M1 Carbine. You are very limited for mags because they have to be UNIVERSAL M1mags. And even then, they may not be reliable.

Somebody should have stopped them from calling the Universal M1 carbine a M1 Carbine. Because it is not a military M1 carbine. It is a POS rifle. I do not say this lightly, but based on many years of experience trying to make them work for many customers.

Sorry for your dilemma. You are not the first and probably won't be the last to face this.

Oh yes I was under no illusion that this gun was top notch by any means...just trying to simply make it some what functional.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    It is the gun.

Are you aware of any where that sells Universal mags? The websites about Universal didn't appear to indicate where or if you could buy them at all...

Thanks for the insight that was very helpful.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I helped a friend with his Universal about 10 years ago. We couldn't find mags or parts. We couldn't get it to shoot reliably,no matter what we did. Our Department's Armorer and all the local gunsmiths couldn't find parts or mags either. The original manufacturer is long out of business.

It was before the internet was this extensive. I didn't realize that there were Universal websites. I will go search them for my own satisfaction.

He ended up selling it with full disclosure and moved on to an AR15 for his squad car gun.

democracywins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Marion, IN
    I helped a friend with his Universal about 10 years ago. We couldn't find mags or parts. We couldn't get it to shoot reliably,no matter what we did. Our Department's Armorer and all the local gunsmiths couldn't find parts or mags either. The original manufacturer is long out of business.

It was before the internet was this extensive. I didn't realize that there were Universal websites. I will go search them for my own satisfaction.

He ended up selling it with full disclosure and moved on to an AR15 for his squad car gun.

Thank you for the insight. Figured that was likely the case.

Top Bottom