• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    My TRP is not fit up as tight as my SA NM Trophy in stainless but they are 2 completely different guns. The Trophy is more oriented for the range and took near 1k rds. to get shot in. The TRP ran like a race horse right out of the box. For groups and dead on shooting I use the Trophy. The TRP is accurate but as Labeled it is a tactical gun. It has never missed a beat.

Yep, it does run like raped ape, no doubt.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n2dv23RSOA[/ame]

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yep, right out of the box. My trigger is above fair and the fit is good all around. I am told the barrel is supposed to fit like it comes out of the box. Unless you changed the slide or went with a larger OD barrel this would be hard to change.

There was about .007 of slide-bushing slop, and .004 bushing-barrel slop. The latter isn't bad, but there's no reason for that much play in the former.
    I fitted an EGW bushing to snug it up a bit. The thicker flange looks better too.

Trigger was 5.5lbs out of the box. Not bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it great.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have a tacops, I like it but its not traditional. Keep an eye open in the classifieds because its the next one to go in favor of sa trp

leper65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    NC
    Both of my Dan Wessons are beautiful made weapons. Probably the best made short of a semi custom that is on the market. Go put your hands on a Valor and you will probably agree. I have a CBOB and a Guardian.

Here is my Guardian

IMG_0153.jpg

Sweet Guardian!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The DW CBOB for sure (the VBOB perhaps) could be found in the OP's price range. There is a TRP available in the Classifieds right now that would be an excellent option. I also agree the SIGs look nice - but I think with $1000ish to spend, I'd probably look hard at that TRP.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There was about .007 of slide-bushing slop, and .004 bushing-barrel slop. The latter isn't bad, but there's no reason for that much play in the former.
    I fitted an EGW bushing to snug it up a bit. The thicker flange looks better too.

Trigger was 5.5lbs out of the box. Not bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it great.

I just measured the trigger pull on mine and it is right at 4.5 which is a bit heavy for some but it seems to work well for my "Rock Ape" shooting style. I often carry my TRP so the trigger is OK.
    The Trophy is right at 3.5 and these are out of the box. Well, out of the box plus some usage.

Lakeman62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Syracuse area
    I would give a Rock River a look before you do anything, I'm also looking at the 1911 platform and want to check them out. BTW I'm a sig fan as well.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Dyerwatcher mentioned also he may be considering a 6" style 1911. I wanted a long slide a lot, and was able to get one. Of course at that time I had 4 or 5 other 1911's in various stages of modification. The 6" pistol, did fine, and shot well. It did not shoot any better than my accurized 5" Government model. Of course none of my holsters worked. Even though it was really a stock pistol, I would have to run it in an enhanced or modified class. It may have had a little less muzzle flip, but I do not remember it being a major difference. It was a good pistol but I traded it in on something else. I do not miss it and probably would not look at another, unless I was able to buy it for a really cheap price. Nothing wrong with it, just nothing really better than a 5 inch 1911.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks to all for the great info. The winner is the Sig 1911 Traditional Reverse Two Tone. I will not have it for another week - then I will report back. I had to draw the line - which is normally very hard. I like the TRP and the DW - but for a little more I could have a Baer and what the hell - I could sell my Python and get a Wilson - I will stick to the Sig and have that much more rangre time - thanks again!!!

Top Bottom