• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    All this concern about straw purchasing when buying a gun to be gifted to someone else is so much nonsense. Buy the gun for yourself. If you decide to later gift it to a person who can legally own it, it's your property. Give it away or sell it as you see fit, as long as the receiver can legally own it.

If I wanted to get a gun for my wife or girlfriend, I'd take them to the gun shop and let them try several, of course knowing that I am buying the gun for myself and would be sharing it with them at the range. (Thus the concern over whether it fits her hand or not) I would not, however, take them both to the gun shop at the same time.

:)

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    How about after she gets her LTCH, you bring her to an INGO meet and greet, and she gets to try out some guns? I may be wrong, but I often think ppl overthink the "what gun to get" thing. How many of us have actually kept our first gun? (i guess maybe i would if it had been a gift from a loved one). I have lost some money trading, but I've learned a bit, and feel like of the 4 guns i now have, at least 3 are "keepers"...and I had fun doing it. I just need to quit looking at guns!

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    All this concern about straw purchasing when buying a gun to be gifted to someone else is so much nonsense. Buy the gun for yourself. If you decide to later gift it to a person who can legally own it, it's your property. Give it away or sell it as you see fit, as long as the receiver can legally own it.

If I wanted to get a gun for my wife or girlfriend, I'd take them to the gun shop and let them try several, of course knowing that I am buying the gun for myself and would be sharing it with them at the range. (Thus the concern over whether it fits her hand or not) I would not, however, take them both to the gun shop at the same time.

:)

You've made this so much simpler....but seriously thanks for the insight.:yesway:

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    How about after she gets her LTCH, you bring her to an INGO meet and greet, and she gets to try out some guns? I may be wrong, but I often think ppl overthink the "what gun to get" thing. How many of us have actually kept our first gun? (i guess maybe i would if it had been a gift from a loved one). I have lost some money trading, but I've learned a bit, and feel like of the 4 guns i now have, at least 3 are "keepers"...and I had fun doing it. I just need to quit looking at guns!

Yup I completely agree, I like my current EDC. However there are some things I'll be doing to it to make it better, before I try switching to a different gun. Always learning more about it every time I shoot, even after 1,500 times :D.

Also thanks bds792....I'm her bro and it's "kinda" a protection rule we brothers have :draw:.

Top Bottom