• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    On 7/04/08 I was shot four times in an apartment complex that has armed security on site. Can anyone recomend a good attorney in this matter? Please send PM's if you can help me. Thanks to all of you for your support.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Long story, but why not now and why not here? My life is forever changed, never in white mode again, always yellow. Just looking for some help for me and my family. New to this forum, Fair enough?

photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why not before talking to the attorney?

Because any thing you post on the internet is "forever".

It can and will be used against you. If you put comma's in the wrong place in the sentence, your words can mean something different than what you meant to say.

Hiring an attorney means that you need to to protect your rights, or recover damages of some sort. Protect those rights by not posting any details or personal assumptions until you find an attorney.

As for attorneys: try the Indpls Bar Association for starters

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Long story, but why not now and why not here? My life is forever changed, never in white mode again, always yellow. Just looking for some help for me and my family. New to this forum, Fair enough?

No offense intended. A year after the fact, barring unforeseen circumstances can and will create prejudice in your case.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    In respect to the OP, please limit your comments to the question at hand: a referral to a good lawyer.

I would ask that all other comments and speculation be left out, please.

As a forum of guys who say, "Don't say nothing till you talk to your lawyer", I would expect respect and support for him to do exactly that.

If we cannot keep our comments on target, I will close the thread and let people answer via PM or Email.

techres

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I also suggest the Indianapolis Bar Association referral service. One thing, a year has gone by, act quickly, the statute of limitations will run out at two years. That means you need to be filed in that time period and the parties served. Often, the party you should be suing is not determined until you get an answer to the complaint even discovery responses. That's easily 6-8 months before you find out who the defendant should be. Don't sit on this.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN

There is nothing wrong with now. It takes time to recover from injuries and emotional trauma and to even come to a decision about what to do, if anything. The statute of limitations will depend on the type of lawsuit involved. Only an attorney who knows the case can tell you what that is.

Here is a link I found that might help.
    http://indianapolis.lawinfo.com/ Or do a Google search for "Personal injury attorney, Indianapolis". You'll get a long list of options to choose from. Visit their sites. Read them. Chances are you'll run across one that grabs you. Hire someone you can communicate well with and makes you comfortable and confident with a good track record. Look for someone who has experience litigating your type of situation. Asking for referrals, like you did here, is a great start. I'm just sorry I can't give you a specific name.

Something else you might want to try... do you know any LEO's, doctors or nurses in the area you're in? They might be able to give you a good name.

Good luck to you hon. I hope you and your family are/will be ok. Keep us posted.
    http://indianapolis.lawinfo.com/

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    There is nothing wrong with now. It takes time to recover from injuries and emotional trauma and to even come to a decision about what to do, if anything. The statute of limitations will depend on the type of lawsuit involved. Only an attorney who knows the case can tell you what that is.

The limitations on tort in Indiana is 2 years. Use that as your guide. It's the shortest statute, don't blow past it.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    You better jump on it quick. Depending on the type of Apartment Complex there may be municipal liability that would require a tort claim notice for which time frame has already passed.

Get in touch with the bar service immediately.

Top Bottom