• Do you think this will pass?

• Total voters

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I believe that this will pass. Actually I believe that there is a pretty darn good chance it will pass.

UpChuck Schumer has been quoted as saying that there are 55 votes in favor of this passing. That is exactly why he is considering a filibuster of the amendment or doing some other underhanded sneaky trick to prevent it from actually coming to a vote.

IF IT DOES PASS then we have to fight it out in the joint House-Senate Conference Committee. It will NOT come up for a vote in the House because the main budget bill already passed the house. Since the amendment was not on the House bill the whole bill goes to Joint Conference Committee to hash out the differences. Depending on the members of the Joint Conference Committee (they will be assigned AFTER this gets through the Senate) then we may have another fight to save the Amendment in that Committee.

If this makes it out of the Joint Committee then it is almost a 100% sure bet that Obama will sign it into law. The main bill is a MAJOR budget bill for the Dept of Defense. Obama and the Dems got all their major portions of the bill through the House and the Senate. This amendment would be the only part of the bill that they would object to. It is not a budgetary amendment so it does not qualify for the Line-Item Veto clause (if that even still exists).

So, I believe we have a REASONABLE chance of seeing this get a YES vote in the Senate.

I have NO CLUE if it will get through the Joint Conference Committee.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I heard this morning that the opposition claims that it infringes on states rights.... Does it seem that the left only cares about states rights when it fits their agenda? When looking at this objectively, do you think the claim of violating states rights is valid?

Top Bottom