• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linuxguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    You can also ride horses at the Rawhide Ranch. Brown County State Park has wonderful hiking--bundle up and you'll have the trails to yourselves.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Big Woods is good. I attended a INGO meet and greet there.

Another vote for Big Woods. Owned by INGOers and very, very gun friendly.

That's cool! I never knew that.

Yep TSOB45 is the brewer. Not real active here but a devoted gun owner and shooter. I was at his parents house about two weeks ago shooting with his brother. His partner Jeff McCabe is a veteran and supporter of constitution.

February has been when we had the last two meet and greets in Nashville. Maybe time to give Tim and Jeff a call?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Don't forget Brown County Winery if you like wines... they have a downtown tasting room and the winery is just east of Nashville in Gnaw Bone. IMHO some of the best wines I've tasted and they're affordable...

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Men's Toy Store is worth spending a few minutes in, if only because it's about the only male-centric store in the whole town :) There is a store devoted ENTIRELY to jerky that is worth a stop, too.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Men's Toy Store is worth spending a few minutes in, if only because it's about the only male-centric store in the whole town :) There is a store devoted ENTIRELY to jerky that is worth a stop, too.

Yea...kinda expensive though. Across the ally from the jerky place, there's an antique radio and camera store. Cool place to also visit!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There is an appleseed at gnaw bone this weekend
    I believe the 'Seed was cancelled.

The Nashville house serves WAAAYYY overpriced low brow chow. Throw one of those fried biscuits in a quart of water and watch it sometime. Ugh!

Hobnob is quality food . Great salads. Loggers hash and some tobasco is a manly breakfast there.

Bigwoods is tasty.

Out of the Ordinary is not on my A list either. I can highly recommend the all you can eat fried catfish on fridays at Brownies just north of Beanblossom.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I like the candy shop just west of the visitor's center building. Not sure if we will make it down this year, but if we do I hope they are still selling the handmade candy canes....want to try those out sometime (made elsewhere but sold there last I recall). There is an old jail that you can visit, they ask for like a $1 donation. In years past there was a coin shop on the north end of town. There are some decent pottery shops, a really cool glass sculpting shop, and some shops that sell anything from home furnishings to Made in China stuff. I have only eaten at the two non-chain pizza places, Big Woods and Harvest Moon. Both are OK. As others have said the park is close, and they also have a visitor's center.

If you have time, you aren't too far from Columbus, Edinburgh, and Bloomington. Edinburgh has the outlet malls, but it also has a really nice antique mall called Exit 76 antiques. Even if you don't buy antiques a place like that is like going through a museum. Bloomington has a ton of places to eat. On day trips, the wife and I always go over to Columbus and eat at Zwanzigz Pizza. They recently expanded and I think are doing their own beer/alcohol now, but I don't know for sure. They have some of the best pizza in the area. Additionally, another cool place to eat is Zaharakos. I've read about a place called 240 Sweets. They make marshmallows and you can visit them and learn as well. They show up coming Dec. dates of the 27th and 28th on their website.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I agree that the Nashville house is WAY overpriced for the average food they sell. Go there to say you went. The apple butter is good, so is the fried chicken. But way too high..

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hobnob for breakfast. Especially the Huevos Rancheros. I can get all the Huevos Rancheros I want here in Texas, but the Hobnob's is way mo' bettah.

Big Woods is good. The dteer to Jack n Jill nut shop is a good one too.

BC State Park is always a great drive.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Nashville is attracting quite a few male-centric shops lately. Guns, Beer and Wine are a good business in Brown County. :patriot:

Top Bottom