• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I see that there is a gun show at the 4H Fairgrounds in Nashville, Indiana this weekend. I've never been. Is it a worthwhile show to attend? It is only $5.00 to get in. There is a big gun show in Louisville this weekend too, but it costs so much to park and get in, like $16.00 or more that I don't go there anymore. As a Hoosier, I can't legally buy firearms from individuals in KY anyhow.

Jeremy05

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Greenwood
    $5 is a good price to get into the show if it is any good. I am interested to hear if anyone has been there before. I might just go if it is worth going to.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have been wondering about this myself. So does anybody have a definative answer for the statement above?
    This is a quote from ATF's website:
    Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA? A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.
    [18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
    If the person you are buying the long gun from out-of-state is not an FFL dealer, then it is unlawful to purchase the long gun. Handguns may not be purchased from a private party or dealer out of state without having it transferred to a dealer in your state, in this case, Indiana.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    $5 is a good price to get into the show if it is any good. I am interested to hear if anyone has been there before. I might just go if it is worth going to.
    Me too Jeremy. I'd like to hear from someone whose been to the Nashville show.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Having lived here all of my life, I don't recall there ever being a gun show here. Wish I knew if it would be good. I saw the promoter is Second Amendment Gun Shows. If anybody has any experience with them that might be an indication of the quality.

I hope it is a good show. Living two miles from there I am definitely going:rockwoot:Hope to see it continue and grow.
    I can't imagine it being very big though. The buildings are small. Parking may be a bit on the muddy side as well.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I guess that my father and I will go and see what's up. It'll be a good outing, whether or not the show is much good.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Where are the fairgrounds at in Nashville, IN?

From the stop light in the middle of Town (courthouse) take Main St East. Pass the Highway garage/ Recycling center. Memorial drive is the next road on your left. If you go up a big hill you went to far.

From SR 46 East. Turn right at the North Gate to the BC State Park, this Old SR 46/Main St. Head West to Memorial Dr., it will be on your right.

The Fairgrounds are very small but easy to find.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't have any connection with the show or promoter, but for those with a GPS, the address is 802 Memorial Dr. Nashville, IN.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Youl'll be sadly dissapointed if you drive all the way from New Albany to Brown co when there is a MUCH better show in louisville...if you find soemthing you really cant live without just have the ky dealer sell it to a IN dealer and then he can paper it to you..no biggie...IMHO

The promoter is the same on that puts on the linton, bloomington shows..

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I don't have any connection with the show or promoter, but for those with a GPS, the address is 802 Memorial Dr. Nashville, IN.

Thanks for posting this and starting the thread. I'll be going Saturday. I was going to Nashville shooting anyway this weekend hopefully I'll find a new gun too.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Youl'll be sadly dissapointed if you drive all the way from New Albany to Brown co when there is a MUCH better show in louisville...if you find soemthing you really cant live without just have the ky dealer sell it to a IN dealer and then he can paper it to you..no biggie...IMHO

The promoter is the same on that puts on the linton, bloomington shows..
    Been there and done that. The parking and admission fees are extremely high at the Louisville Show. What is it now $8.00 to park and $12.00 admission? Have to park a loooooong way from the door because there is a BIG car show going on at the same time. Fight the crowds in the hall. Pay $4.00 for a coke. No thanks. I'll drive to Nashville. Park close-by for free. Pay $5.00 to get in and drink a cup of free coffee.

Top Bottom