header_exclusive.gif
    POLICE STATE, USA
    NAACP to governor: Declare martial law
    'It's time for some real action'
    Posted: July 08, 2009
    9:52 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily </FONT>

An NAACP official has demanded the governor of Pennsylvania call out the National Guard, suspend civil liberties and impose martial law to deal with a recent wave of shootings.

Stanley Lawson, president of the Harrisburg Chapter of the NAACP, urged Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell deploy the National Guard for at least one month and enforce a curfew after more than a dozen shootings rocked the city, according to the Patriot News.

Many of the shots were fired during daylight hours, and one man was killed at a busy intersection in the middle of the afternoon June 24.

"The Guard is for floods and natural disasters. I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed," he said at a June meeting

at Capitol Presbyterian Church.

"It's time for some real action," he said. "Right now the important thing is to stop this madness."

"We're beyond what the Harrisburg police department can do. We need help," Lawson said.

Read "Glenn Beck's Common Sense: The Case Against An Out - of - Control Government: Inspired by Thomas Paine"

According to the report, Lawson referenced the 1968 race riots following the assassination of Rev. Martin Luther King in Memphis, Tenn. And the subsequent deployment of National Guard troops.

Rather than drugs, robberies and gang activity, Lawson said the shootings were most likely due to fear.

"The young men, it's fear, it's just fear," he said. "They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me.'"

But Gov. Rendell's office told WND calling out the National Guard and imposing martial law – a system where military rule overrides civil law in times of war or emergency – is not an option.

"That action is not currently on the table," said spokesman Chuck Ardo. "The governor has ordered the state police to increase patrols in the City of Harrisburg and to work with the city police in whatever way they deem necessary." )

GA_googleFillSlot("WND_NWS_C0200");var rnd = Math.round(Math.random()*10000000);document.write(''); GA_googleFillSlot("WND_NWS_C0201");

Harrisburg Chapter NAACP President Stanley Lawson did not respond to WND's requests for follow-up and comment about the governor's refusal to impose martial law.

In addition to bringing in support from state police, the city stepped up law enforcement presence, and the mayor asked officers to work overtime.

Members of the "Guardian Angels," unarmed civilians trained in self-defense, came from York to help Harrisburg residents create their own civilian force, the Patriot News reported.

Police officers have also rounded up many citizens with outstanding warrants.

Ardo told WND conditions have improved since Lawson initially requested a National Guard presence but that part of the problem lies in the number of firearms on the streets.

"The situation seems to be much more calm at the moment," he said. "Given the number of guns on the streets and violence that seems to follow, there are continued concerns."

Attorney

Stanley Mitchell told the Patriot News that the local NAACP chapter is asking for a short suspension of some civil rights, but he added: "We have the civil rights not to be shot."

NAACP to governor: Declare martial law

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Very telling, we know where the NAACP stands. Government is their god.

Slavery has been dead in this country for almost 145 years, except for those that have sold themselves into welfare slavery. I find it curious that the NAACP, of all organizations, would be begging for a return of the institution.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If parents took more time to care for their kids while they were growing up, maybe they would have more respect for others. Don't want to sound racist, since I am not, but who are shooting who? (whom?) Seems like there are many males who believe that once they create a child, it is time to leave. A little family goes a long way to preventing kids from growing up to be either targets or targeters.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Stop the planet I want to get off!

The NAACP is calling for exactly what was imposed on the Black population after the Civil War in the South. Truly insane.

However, it is not new to the NAACP. When I lived in Chicago, the NAACP called for police round ups of entire neighborhoods, especially when a child was murdered at a housing project in '94.

The NAACP cares not that their clients are free, just that they receive a check. Amazing.

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    Very sad state of affairs for the black community. Unfortunately, the only way to help them is for them to help themselves. Personal responsibility can't be legislated and never makes the news.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Very sad state of affairs for the black community. Unfortunately, the only way to help them is for them to help themselves. Personal responsibility can't be legislated and never makes the news.

well said:yesway: There has been so many generations of babies raising babies many have no idea on how to act like an adult, as they have never met one.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I don't know any more of a natural disaster than of our young people being killed
    Like the guard is going to swoop in and somehow prevent crime or be a deterrent.

Oh yes, let's give up habeas corpus too. :noway:
    I don't think anyone would want the potential to lose their ability to not be unlawfully detained or harmed by the judicial system. Perhaps this is a case of "it's not going to happen to me, so why should I care," by the leader, Stanley Lawson, of the NAACP.

But,
    v62jbm.jpg

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    "The young men, it's fear, it's just fear," he said. "They think: 'I'm going to get them before they get me.'"

I'm sure this statement will end up as the lyrics to the next Rap Hit. :cool:

Top Bottom