• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    How are they "California East"? Did I miss where Newsome outlawed teaching CRT and DEI in schools? :scratch:

Let me clarify with two words: “Florida Man.”

I’m not going of purely politics, but the level of absolute, bat-**** crazy. Florida is dripping with the stuff, as bad or worse than Cali. No thanks…

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    For what it’s worth, the Republicans, including DeSantis, pushed through public school library censorship. Censorship = a MASSIVE slippery slope. Do I want the politically corrupt and crazy telling my kids what they can and cannot read? Hell no, but there Florida is…

Both parties = beyond the null anymore. Us sane people in the middle are getting drowned out by the fringe psychos in both parties…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    For what it’s worth, the Republicans, including DeSantis, pushed through public school library censorship. Censorship = a MASSIVE slippery slope. Do I want the politically corrupt and crazy telling my kids what they can and cannot read? Hell no, but there Florida is…

Both parties = beyond the null anymore. Us sane people in the middle are getting drowned out by the fringe psychos in both parties…
    I’ll give you the “fringe psychos” in the leftist party, but are you saying that the conservatives shouldn’t be saying anything about the grooming bull ****? Because it seems like that’s what you’re saying. That’s not censorship.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’ll give you the “fringe psychos” in the leftist party, but are you saying that the conservatives shouldn’t be saying anything about the grooming bull ****? Because it seems like that’s what you’re saying. That’s not censorship.

Yeah, grooming and raping kids is awesome, it should happen to every child.

Good grief man, don’t play stupid. Just like how the left shits the bed by wanting to ban every firearm imaginable following a mass shooting, wanting to ban a plethora of books because a few cross the line is equally retarded. Weed out the bad ones. What I’m seeing is CRATES of books, including the classics, are being pulled from libraries because they’re not on some arbitrary “approved” list.

A wood chipper is the best way to deal with a child predator. But both sides are knee-jerking their reactions here, and everybody will wind up suffering for it, mark my words…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Good grief man, don’t play stupid. Just like how the left shits the bed by wanting to ban every firearm imaginable following a mass shooting, wanting to ban a plethora of books because a few cross the line is equally retarded. Weed out the bad ones. What I’m seeing is CRATES of books, including the classics, are being pulled from libraries because they’re not on some arbitrary “approved” list.

A wood chipper is the best way to deal with a child predator. But both sides are knee-jerking their reactions here, and everybody will wind up suffering for it, mark my words…
    The crates of books are mostly filled with what leftists now deem racist or “non inclusive”. Only books I’ve heard about that conservative parents and politicians want to get out of schools are the gay ones. Censorship? No, the only reason those books are there in the first place is because of leftist groomers putting them there. That garbage has no place in an elementary school library. It’s nothing more than grooming. To call it censorship is a little bit, umm, dramatic, for lack of a more polite term.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Censorship? Seriously? Did you read the bills? The law did not ban Roberto Clemente’s autobiography.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

The law doesn’t make lists. The educators make the lists. They’re claiming the law is stricter than it is. It plays well on CNN.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    The law doesn’t make lists. The educators make the lists. They’re claiming the law is stricter than it is. It plays well on CNN.

Except what I’m seeing isn’t from
    CNN, it’s from actual educators sharing the info on various platforms. And it’s not just “gay” books. It’s way more than that. If you think the left has created harsh lists to make the right look bad, I’m not dismissing that as a possibility. But they wouldn’t be doing that if the right hadn’t opened the door. There are other ways to handle the “grooming” situation than sweeping bans…

Like I said, it’s both parties. Both are bringing fuel to the fire, feeding off what the other does, and people lap up the drama. Anyone here who thinks their party is perfect and the other side is the villain is dead wrong. We need more options than “the lesser of two evils,” because choosing the dog **** over the cat **** because it stinks less is still choosing ****, so… :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    CNN, it’s from actual educators sharing the info on various platforms. And it’s not just “gay” books. It’s way more than that. If you think the left has created harsh lists to make the right look bad, I’m not dismissing that as a possibility. But they wouldn’t be doing that if the right hadn’t opened the door. There are other ways to handle the “grooming” situation than sweeping bans…

Like I said, it’s both parties. Both are bringing fuel to the fire, feeding off what the other does, and people lap up the drama. Anyone here who thinks their party is perfect and the other side is the villain is dead wrong. We need more options than “the lesser of two evils,” because choosing the dog **** over the cat **** because it stinks less is still choosing ****, so… :dunno:
    I think some of the laws could have been written better. But laws needed to be written. How do you get books showing how to eat ***** out of libraries accessible by 5th graders unless it’s illegal to do so. Most of these laws call out age appropriate material when it comes to sexuality. And it requires the education boards to have experts review books and make recommendations based on the standards established in the law.

I mentioned Roberto Clemente for a reason. The press made a big deal out of it during a DeSantis presser claiming he banned Clemente’s autobiography. DeSantis explained that was ******** (to paraphrase). They’re trying to ban stuff and then blame Republicans.

It’s like the “don’t say gay” language that Democrats attached to a bill that does no such thing.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

You seem pretty wound up about this.
    You also seem pretty ill informed.

Top Bottom