• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Recently purchased a NAA Pug .22 Magnum mini-revolver. Anyone have any thoughts on a good leather pocket holster to fit this little last ditch piece? Thanks!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Go to NAA's website,get a catalog,they have pocket holsters for the gun, or just order online. Sweet gun by the way, been looking at them......

Last edited:

bschmidt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Thanks for the info gents.

Yes, it is a sweet little piece-the precision with which it is built is amazing-I have been impressed.

Funny thing is that some of my shooting buddies think it is a joke-I just told them it may be small, but there aren't too many people I know that would want to take a round in the face. Sure beats a .45 that got left back in the truck.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    I think the Pug is a neat little weapon. I purchased the black leather pocket holster directly from NAA, and it is perfect. The Pug stays in position reasonably well and draws easily.

This holster actually has the capability of carrying 5 extra rounds in a snapped compartment. As you know, a fast tactical reload with this weapon isn't really possible. But I carry 5 rounds of shotshells in the holster, thinking that if I needed to dispatch a snake, I might have time to switch ammo.

I carry hollowpoint ammunition in the Pug normally, as I suspect it would be more effective than those little shotshells against a human attacker.

Of course, I'm sure we'd all agree that a bigger weapon would be preferable in a typical self-defense scenario. But the Pug seems to be a reasonable choice for situations in which concealment is absolutely critical. It is much easier to conceal than my TCP, for example...and the TCP is pretty concealable to begin with. I think the Pug is a niche weapon, but it's a pretty tough niche to fill. The only other weapons this small are the other NAA minirevolvers, and maybe some derringers...and I think the Pug is much preferable to a 2-shot derringer. The Pug is no joke...yes, it's tiny, and yes, it's a single-action rimfire...but I would much prefer it to a pocketknife or my bare hands when I really feel that I can't carry a larger weapon.

Top Bottom