• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hawaii is within his rockets reach I would think. I can't believe he would be that foolish though. Either he is drunk with a false since of power or he is getting some poor council.

Their missiles barely make it out of the country, let alone hit what they are aiming for. This of course assumes they have a nuke that fits on a missile, which they don't. They've got little boy and fat man nukes, the farthest they are getting those things is however far a large catapult would fling em.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why we can't re establish diplomatic relations, at least try to talk to them. Dear leader was educated in the west, he has to have at least a semi-balanced view of world politics. They are like a child, you have to treat them like such. Even the best case scenario of armed conflict will be multitudes worse than if we somehow got them on a trajectory toward becoming a normal state actor.
    I mean for shts sake, the kid is infatuated with Dennis Rodman, You're telling me our state department isn't smart enough to parlay some basketball diplomacy into a productive dialogue?

Dave274

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    New Castle
    I don't believe NK will do anything other than talk the talk. But if they do you can rest easy. I'm sure the UN will take control of the situation and have it resolved in no time...Uhhh Disregard last.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't believe NK will do anything other than talk the talk. But if they do you can rest easy. I'm sure the UN will take control of the situation and have it resolved in no time...Uhhh Disregard last.

There might be some interest in provoking some other nation into acting first though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Keep reading conflicting reports on China's involvement. Some say they're mobilizing on NK border because they will "stop" NK... others say they will stay allied with NK. Which is which...

And others saying Russia might get involved, which... again... not really our ally -_-

Would be nice to hear exactly what's happening without all the hearsay

Glock

Marksman
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    I believe North Korea has the second most submarines in the world. 1 less than the United States.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    Yes NK hates us. They even teach their kids from a young age to hate us. When doing math in school it's 2 dead Americans + 2 dead Americans = 4 dead Americans.

BUT, this nuke stuff is all about money. As stated earlier they have absolutely no way of reaching the US with a missile, it's more like a science project for them. I'm pretty sure they haven't even got a third stage missile to fire yet, and definitely not with any accuracy. They simply want money. Either "shut-up" money or "sell a nuke to someone who can actually use it" money. Just my :twocents:

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    First off, who is to say they want to nuke our cities? What if they send a nuke into orbit like the satellite that is "wobbling" up there? Maybe they are familiar and capable of using an EMP on our country. That would be devastating.

And if China wanted to really get involved, they wouldnt amass troops on the border. They would put them in North Korea, like we have our troops in South Korea.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not really worried about China. We owe them too much money, and have too much trade going on with them. They would execute every man, woman and child in NK before risking all that money with open war.

Russia, they're not to worry about. It will be quite some time before they build up enough to go on the offensive. They just don't want it spilling into their country.

Iran, they're a concern. They'd love nothing more than to be the one to kick us while we're down.

I firmly believe China is getting sick of NK spouting off and bringing US Military attention to the region. No one wants war, but they certainly don't want it on their doorstep. I think if NK does something radical, China will just step in and take over NK in a move to stabilize their own cash flow.

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    Yes NK hates us. They even teach their kids from a young age to hate us. When doing math in school it's 2 dead Americans + 2 dead Americans = 4 dead Americans.

BUT, this nuke stuff is all about money. As stated earlier they have absolutely no way of reaching the US with a missile, it's more like a science project for them. I'm pretty sure they haven't even got a third stage missile to fire yet, and definitely not with any accuracy. They simply want money. Either "shut-up" money or "sell a nuke to someone who can actually use it" money. Just my :twocents:

I agree. When NK gets real belligerent, the US has talks - i.e., we up their financial aid.
    They are literally starving in NK, and they need food. The US has historically given them more in return for cooling down the talk for a while. Seems to be an old game on the Kim Jong clans part.

I wonder about the need for missiles though. There are a lot of slow boats from China arriving in US ports every day. Seems like an effective delivery platform to me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    First off, who is to say they want to nuke our cities? What if they send a nuke into orbit like the satellite that is "wobbling" up there? Maybe they are familiar and capable of using an EMP on our country. That would be devastating.

From what I have read, they can not affect the lower 48. They can hit the Aleutians and that might be a good way for them to go. Make a mess but not kill many people. They might think we wouldn't retaliate after that. If they want a real war, they will target our troops in SK or some place like Tokyo. How do they read Obama? Will he nuke them back in any of those scenarios? What are the Chinese and Russians telling us in private?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not saying that Nk is going to make any rash move, but they do have the ability to tag us anywhere in the US.

They could easily drop their satellite over anyplace on the globe. Who's to say that it isn't carrying a warhead?

For all we are told via the State Media, they could do it.

And the "tumbling uncontrollably" BS that is the official explanation to not worry about it is just that, BS. It is spinning by design.

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE TRACKING AND PREDICTIONS: KMS 3-2

I have heavy doubt this will happen, just stating that it could conceivably happen.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    You are assuming he is rational.

I doubt China allows him to do anything irrational. Like his vertically-challenged pappy and grandpappy, He's making madman-like threats and never acting on them. It's very likely that this situation will gradually cool down, and the same thing will happen all over again within the next couple of years with the same result: nothing.

I don't know that I buy that. In the first place, the Norks' contribution to China's defense is paltry relative to China's resources. Even as a physical geographical buffer it isn't much.

But beyond that, I don't know that the U.S. wants war with China or that China would be looking to wage war against anybody else. I think we know we couldn't beat China without going nuke. And China is one of the few economically sound(er) countries in the world right now (soundness being relative, of course). Why would they wanna waste resources fighting a war when they can simply manipulate currencies, buy debt, and control others' resources?

Responding to NK is a no-win situation for us.

I agree that China has little interest in allowing a clown like Kim to get them involved in a war with the U.S., South Korea, and possibly Japan and NATO.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I wonder, if it comes down to it and China assists the US in taking down NK, what will we do about the land? I really don't think China will just let it turn into a democracy administered by the United States.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm not saying that Nk is going to make any rash move, but they do have the ability to tag us anywhere in the US.

They could easily drop their satellite over anyplace on the globe. Who's to say that it isn't carrying a warhead?

They don't have the ability to tag us anywhere.
    They had enough trouble getting the satellite into orbit, re-entering the satellite in any kind of a controlled way is all the more difficult.
    As for their nuclear devices, they are too large for the North Koreans to put in orbit. They don't have a way to deliver a nuclear device, nor a nuclear device small enough to deliver.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They don't have the ability to tag us anywhere.
    They had enough trouble getting the satellite into orbit, re-entering the satellite in any kind of a controlled way is all the more difficult.
    As for their nuclear devices, they are too large for the North Koreans to put in orbit. They don't have a way to deliver a nuclear device, nor a nuclear device small enough to deliver.

Probably, but not definitely. I don't think we are fully aware of their limited technology at this time. If our government knows, they aren't going to tell.

I have little doubt that they are just posturing like a fierce little pup does.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Not really worried about China. We owe them too much money, and have too much trade going on with them. They would execute every man, woman and child in NK before risking all that money with open war.

Russia, they're not to worry about. It will be quite some time before they build up enough to go on the offensive. They just don't want it spilling into their country.

Iran, they're a concern. They'd love nothing more than to be the one to kick us while we're down.

I firmly believe China is getting sick of NK spouting off and bringing US Military attention to the region. No one wants war, but they certainly don't want it on their doorstep. I think if NK does something radical, China will just step in and take over NK in a move to stabilize their own cash flow.

Are you sure your name isn't "Pollyanna?"

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    40f97d751f82532eeda589266f8010ea_width_600x.jpg

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Awww, just bomb Li'l Kim's L'il Kid.

It's easy to find that little :poop:

Just wait 'til night time and bomb the only place in North Korea with the lights on! :D

Top Bottom