• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    While my wife was at work tonight some ass hole broke in to her car and stole 300.00 +a credit card.The 300.00 was birthday money.The person who stole the money had to see the four car seats and know we need the money.I have five month old twins a four year old and a ten year old the four year old turns five the twentieth so money was really right already.I wish i could meet the person who ruined my sons birthday and be alone with them for ten minits.:xmad:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sorry for your loss - I hate thieves :xmad: Wife had her wallet lifted with cash and credit cards right before Christmas last year while grocery shopping. Before she missed them, thieves had racked up about 3000 dollars in charges before she checked out from the grocery. No one was prosecuted even though Meijer and the gas station had them on video :dunno:

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    The very same thing happened to me last summer. Some punk went up and down the streets in my neighborhood, went car to car. My doomase forgot my wallet in my car. I lost between 3-400 that night. They even took the time to go through the change in my ashtray and pick out all the quarters. Even though some or most of your credit cards are still there, be carefull, they could have taken down the CC numbers along with the four digit number on the back, and you might be buying aligator shoes from France right now. If the card is missing, you know you have to cancel it, but if the card is still there, you might not think that anything is wrong which gives the thief time to spend your money.
    So keep an eye on your CC balances. I know it stinks, been there done that. Sorry about your loses.

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    credit card

She only had one credit card i already cancelled it.The card company send thay have not charged any thing yet.The credit card no big deal but the money that sucks.I was going to buy my son a little cricket .22 :crying:

fitzyone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Frank long
    all i can say is there is a" special" place in this world for people like this and i hope they get their soon (((( if we can do anything yell)))))

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It sucks, but it's just money. Stuff can always be replaced. Be thankful she wasn't around when they decided to rob.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Not that I am defending the thief, but why would you leave $300 and a credit card in an unattended car? My cash and credit cards are always on me.

Why are gun owners allowed to keep guns in the home? I mean, anyone who breaks in could steal them!

I agree, cash and credit cards shouldn't be left alone, but your stuff should be safe wherever you put it. It's a slippery slope to start blaming the victims...

:twocents:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Why are gun owners allowed to keep guns in the home? I mean, anyone who breaks in could steal them!

I agree, cash and credit cards shouldn't be left alone, but your stuff should be safe wherever you put it. It's a slippery slope to start blaming the victims...

I would venture that most serious gun owners keep their weapons in some sort of a safe. Also a big difference between breaking in to someones home (where you don't know if they are there or not, have an alarm, or dog) and a car in a parking lot. I work where there is probably one of the most secured parking in Indy, and I never leave valuables in the car. Walk through the mall lots some time and see how many valuables are in the front seats of cars. As I said, I am not defending the thief, but I bet you lock your front door when you leave for work. :twocents: + :twocents:

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Just another reason I never leave cash, credit cards or valuables in my vehicles.

If someone wants my stuff... they are going to have to get it the hardest way possible.

Through me. :draw:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana

:+1: My wife had about $20 worth of change stolen out of her unlocked car in our driveway one night. She started blaming herself for not locking her car the night before but I told her that it was NOT her fault!!! The dirtbag who took it should have his hand removed!!!!!!
    I will NEVER agree to placing any responsibility for a theft on the forgetfulness of the owner! We should be able to leave our cars and homes unlocked! we can't and most of the time we don't but that does not give ANYONE an invitation to take what isn't theirs. about the same time this happened to my wife I noticed there was around $30 or $40 just laying on our bathroom counter...for a week or more and nobody in my house touched it. I told my boys that I am proud of them for not taking what isn't theirs.
    I am really sorry to hear about your son's birthday demise. I hope it can turn around for you.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    :+1: My wife had about $20 worth of change stolen out of her unlocked car in our driveway one night. She started blaming herself for not locking her car the night before but I told her that it was NOT her fault!!! The dirtbag who took it should have his hand removed!!!!!!
    I will NEVER agree to placing any responsibility for a theft on the forgetfulness of the owner! We should be able to leave our cars and homes unlocked! we can't and most of the time we don't but that does not give ANYONE an invitation to take what isn't theirs. about the same time this happened to my wife I noticed there was around $30 or $40 just laying on our bathroom counter...for a week or more and nobody in my house touched it. I told my boys that I am proud of them for not taking what isn't theirs.
    I am really sorry to hear about your son's birthday demise. I hope it can turn around for you.

Yea, I can agree with this. Whether the car was unlocked/door left open/money fell out of your pocket while reaching for keys to get into your house, if it ain't yours, don't take it.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I would venture that most serious gun owners keep their weapons in some sort of a safe. Also a big difference between breaking in to someones home (where you don't know if they are there or not, have an alarm, or dog) and a car in a parking lot. I work where there is probably one of the most secured parking in Indy, and I never leave valuables in the car. Walk through the mall lots some time and see how many valuables are in the front seats of cars. As I said, I am not defending the thief, but I bet you lock your front door when you leave for work. :twocents: + :twocents:
    Maybe it runs in families. No one in mine owns a gun safe. We stick them in closets, under beds, sofas, chairs... you get the picture. An uncle on my mom's side did have his all stolen about 30 years ago (close to 100 long guns), but it was his soon to be ex bro in law so not sure a safe would have helped. A great uncle of mine died last year that I am sure had over 200 long and hand guns just stuck around the house when he died. Most he had bought new and they were still in the box going back to the 40's. Wish I had been in the will for some of those.

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Whiteland
    Wife's money

The only reason she had the money with her was she was going birthday shopping after work.Her doors were locked you can see were thay used a slim jim on the door.She left the her purse in the car because her place of employment does not allow workers to to bring in purses,back packs...
    Thay did not take her Cd's,coach purse or camera.All thay took was money and the card.:scratch:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    She left the her purse in the car because her place of employment does not allow workers to to bring in purses,back packs...

Wow! That seems kinda wacked! :n00b:

Sorry to hear about the trouble. You may not have a trunk to secure/hide things. If you do, that is the way to go. Just remember to secure those things before you get to the final destination. Some thieves wait for folks to get out then place things in the trunk. Bingo! TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT.

I drive a van but the interior is such that visibility is vastly limited from outside. Still, I've got a secure locking security case inside for things I don't want to easily walk away.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Once had a widow smashed in. The thief rifled through all of my stuff, then took nothing.

Guess my stuff wasn't worth nothin' except a $72 replacement window.

:xmad:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Once had a widow smashed in. The thief rifled through all of my stuff, then took nothing.

Guess my stuff wasn't worth nothin' except a $72 replacement window.

:xmad:

I also had a window smashed in and nothing was stolen, it still sucks though cause it cost me $215 bucks out of my pocket to replace.

Top Bottom