• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Uh, I'll first start off my saying I try to do my shopping in Newburgh for a reason.:n00b:

My 6 year old was at speech at the ES rehab center earlier today and while he was there(only 30 minutes long, so it's pointless to go home) I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and stop to get a prescription filled at the Walgreens that's about 3-4 minutes away.

I decided to go in because they usually have super-hero folders in there and 2 folders are the last thing on Xander's school supply list that he needs.

I went inside and thought there was a domestic dispute going on in the store. I walk to the back to hand the prescription to the pharmacist and found out what I was hearing...I can best describe it as some skinny white guy in his late forties(with bleach-blonde tips) and his girlfriend that he pimps out. Apparently there was a problem with one of the clients and he dropped about 25 F-bombs at the top of his lungs while I was standing there. The only thing I said was "man, some people have no respect(to the pharmacist)" loud enough for him to hear.

So I leave and pick up my kid. We head back to the drive-through and they weren't done yet, so I drive around and park.

While we are sitting there, I see two people walking up behind my car. Once they get up to my window, they stop and start staring at me. I waiting about 3-4 seconds before I look over and the guy is giving me a death stare. I crack my window and ask if I can help him. He asks me if I made a remark about his girl...

I start laughing a bit and say "buddy, my windows are rolled up and you just walked up to the car, how could I possibly have done that?"

He said, "your vehicle fit the description she just told me."

Me: "haha, I hate to break it to you, but if you look to your right for 30 seconds(Green River Road), I'll bet you any amount of money that you will see at least 2-3 SUVs that will meet that description.

Thug: "Nah dog, she said it was you"

Me: *thinking to myself, "buddy you have no idea what you are trying to get yourself into"* "What exactly do you think I said?"

Thug's girl: "You said, you effing N, go on into that KFC" (Yes, there was one directly across the street from Walgreens)

Me: *LOL* "So did you go in?

Them: *Dirty looks*

Me: "Seriously, my son is in the car with me, do you really think I'd say something like that in front of him? I'd never talk like that even if he wasn't around."

Thug: "That makes sense."

Me: "Are we done here?"

Thug: "Yeah."

I then roll up my window and watch them walk off.:n00b:

Edit: I probably should have said, "I try to avoid Green River Road like the plague for a reason," instead of Evansville in general.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    l_cf051e9f1c8af2100169ad76214d2e1b.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Haha, I admit I'm a bit slow at times, but I first thought to myself, "WTF does Que have to do with this?":):

(And yeah, I still had to search to make sure that "que" is Spanish for "what.":n00b:)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Benny, I didn't know you lived on 38th Street?! :laugh:

Your Indianapolis humor is lost on me...I live down here in the boonies. :):

I will say that I give the guy credit for actually listening to logic and reason, since the conversation was over as soon as I asked him if he actually thought I'd say something like that in front of my six year old son.

Thank God he believed me, because otherwise that situation wouldn't have ended well...Especially for him.

BTW, I drive a white, 4 door GMC Jimmy...Considering all Jimmys/Blazers have basically looked the same since ~'95, I'd say there might have been a few in the area.:rolleyes:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You were on the wrong end of Green River. Come up here to the north end we have cookies.

Cookies?!?! When and where?:):

Should have just shot him and been done with it. :):

Haha, obviously you're joking, but I never once felt like I was going to forced to draw...The thought was right there the entire time, but luckily voice(i.e. logic) defeated force this time.

Said a lot more than I would have.

Which instance?:):

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Haha, obviously you're joking, but I never once felt like I was going to forced to draw...The thought was right there the entire time, but luckily voice(i.e. logic) defeated force this time.

I probably would not have allowed two agitated individuals of questionable repute to approach my vehicle while I was sitting at a pharmacy drive-through waiting on a prescription to be filled.

At least not without having my vehicle in gear & my fingers wrapped around the grip of my handgun anyway.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Cookies?!?! When and where?:):

I don't have cookies, but I do have some cool toys. And there is a Walgreens on the corner. You can drop off the prescription and then shop for toys.

/Shameless plug.

But you can OC here with no problems at all! :D

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sounds like a good start to a IDPA Scenario: "You are sitting in your car with your son when two river bottom rat zombies approach your car ... engage targets in threat order ..if you take a head shot add 5 seconds to your score (river rats have no brain)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I probably would not have allowed two agitated individuals of questionable repute to approach my vehicle while I was sitting at a pharmacy drive-through waiting on a prescription to be filled.

I wasn't in the drive-through at the time; I was sitting in the parking lot.

Me: *thinking to myself, "buddy you have no idea what you are trying to get yourself into"*

At least not without having my vehicle in gear & my fingers wrapped around the grip of my handgun anyway.

While my car wasn't in gear(there was a car parked in front of my anyway), the above quote was referring to the bold part without saying it.

His hands were visible the entire time, that's mainly why I took such a laid back approach. Not to mention I would have squashed the dude without any assistance(i.e. my sidearm).

I guess the main reason I was laughing while they were standing there is they would both feel like bigger morons than they already are if they even slightly knew me and knew that I would never in a million years say something like that even if I was provoked, let alone UNprovoked.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Also a good lesson for your son; ie, violence doesn't have to settle everything.

Absolutely.:yesway:

There was a time in my life that if I was confronted like that, I'd have caved that dude's face in just for accusing me of such BS...Those days have been gone since 11/29/04(Even more so than when I became an "adult.").

Top Bottom