• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    LPP...Lifetime Personal Protection permit? I was only asking if the boss applied for a lifetime permit or a regular permit. Never know if that makes a difference. People (ISP) work in strange ways sometimes...

I don't know - it came to me as "boss is PO'ed, got turned down for permit".

My guess is it was lifetime. :)

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    At what point does somebody stop being a P.O.S. for making mistakes? 5, 10, 30 years?
    Those without sin please cast the first stone. Just sayin':twocents:

Bob

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    At what point does somebody stop being a P.O.S. for making mistakes? 5, 10, 30 years?
    Those without sin please cast the first stone. Just sayin':twocents:

Bob

He has 2 DUI's , so never. I will beat the dead horse once again. Will you let a convicted pedophile watch your kids after he has served his time?

A mistake? a mistake is when you forget to pay your gas bill not when you knowingly and willingly get trashed and then get in to 3000lbs of rolling steel and drive down the road. He has shown that he is negligent,irresponsible and has a complete lack of good judgment.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    :hijack:
    I don't see why some think it is OK to take away rights of others...especially for victim-less crimes.

What about driving sleepy? Should people be ticketed for driving sleepy at the wheel?
    you knowingly and willingly stay up all night and get in to 3000lbs of rolling steel and drive down the road. He has shown that he is negligent,irresponsible and has a complete lack of good judgment.
    :dunno:

They both have the same potential dangers and neither should be reason to take away a persons rights.:twocents:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I don't see why some think it is OK to take away rights of others...especially for victim-less crimes.

What about driving sleepy? Should people be ticketed for driving sleepy at the wheel?

They both have the same potential dangers and neither should be reason to take away a persons rights.:twocents:

His Rights, seriously. What RIGHT does he have to endanger EVERYONE on the road by his stupidity. Comparing drunk driving to tired driving is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I am not in any way saying you are stupid but that comment sure is.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Bill of Rights has written a lot of wisdom in a couple very short posts. I could get to like that guy. It is always best to start with the simplest response. Try the appeal first. Show a reformed lifestyle, responsible living, respect for the ISP. Ask for reconsideration based on five years of proven good behavior. If that does not work, then see an attorney.

There is also wisdom in what other have said about DUI. It is inexcusable. Once is enough. A second chance led to a second DUI. It deserves a serious response such as was done by the ISP. At this point I support the ISP decision, but I am willing to give the man a chance to demonstrate he has reformed.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Both sides of the arguement are based in Pathos: The pro-give it to the manager's son has a sentimental, "I know the guy" tinge to it. The anti- side has a security issue they bring up.

But the folks that say no way Jose: How did you answer in the thread regarding even having a permit at all? A permitless system? On one hand, folks scream and yell its a right to carry. But, will deny another's right at the drop of a hat because they are essentially a criminal. Security or liberty?

I brought up my reservations about a permitless system, got my butt chewed for it. But driving is just as, if not more so dangerous than a gun.

Sort of a double edged sword. Folks that yell for liberty and the end of tyranny will dispute someone practicing the First Amendment because they dont like it.

Not taking a side, just showing something I have been seeing on INGO lately...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    For all anyone knows that guy could have cleaned up his act and been a straight arrow ever since his 2nd bust. It doesn't say he killed or injured anyone, just that he was caught driving with an arbitrary blood alcohol number. He could have blown .08 each time, that wouldn't necessarily make him a drunk, just someone who didn't wait long enough to get behind the wheel. I've known plenty of people who, at one time, drank and drove and never got caught and did no damage to anyone. I've known heavy drinkers who have quit and never had another drink, after getting busted. People should not have their rights stripped away for something they may have gotten past. For all anyone knows this guy may be one of those who've cleaned up his act. If he meets the criteria for a LTCH it should be his, no matter what MADD supporters think.
    I know of some people who would gladly let a man who had a .19 BAC carry a gun and drive again.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

:+1: Drunk, drugged or sleepy—all three are a danger to society when they take the wheel. We just have a harder time proving sleepy. A couple years back a sleepy trucker took out a 15 passenger van returning to Taylor University on I-69. Identifications were fouled up and a family was told their daughter was dead, another that their daughter was in ICU. When the survivor woke up, the truth came out. Family had buried the wrong girl. Many were injured. I think more than one was killed. I am sure :ingo: folks will remember the incident. Sleepy behind the wheel caused a lot of grief.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    True, but I would be inclined to think that his persistence in destructive activities shows a different charector altogether.

For the one that did clean up their act, there could be far more that won't.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Both sides of the arguement are based in Pathos: The pro-give it to the manager's son has a sentimental, "I know the guy" tinge to it. The anti- side has a security issue they bring up.

But the folks that say no way Jose: How did you answer in the thread regarding even having a permit at all? A permitless system? On one hand, folks scream and yell its a right to carry. But, will deny another's right at the drop of a hat because they are essentially a criminal. Security or liberty?

I brought up my reservations about a permitless system, got my butt chewed for it. But driving is just as, if not more so dangerous than a gun.

Sort of a double edged sword. Folks that yell for liberty and the end of tyranny will dispute someone practicing the First Amendment because they dont like it.

:yesway:

conservatives are on the right path most times, but there does come a point when it becomes clear they want to tread more than lightly.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Isn't life a liberty? When you get in a car and you are drunk you are threatening the liberty of everyone on the road or sidewalk or god forbid school zone?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Out of all of the punishments that could be handed down to someone with a DUI, you pro 2nd amendment supporters are telling me you believe it right to take away his right to defend himself? That right there is what I call STUPID!!!

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It doesn't say he killed or injured anyone, just that he was caught driving with an arbitrary blood alcohol number. He could have blown .08 each time, that wouldn't necessarily make him a drunk, just someone who didn't wait long enough to get behind the wheel. I've known plenty of people who, at one time, drank and drove and never got caught and did no damage to anyone.
    Oh...well, hell...why didn't you say so. That makes all the difference in the world! :rolleyes:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Out of all of the punishments that could be handed down to someone with a DUI, you pro 2nd amendment supporters are telling me you believe it right to take away his right to defend himself? That right there is what I call STUPID!!!

I guess that is easy to say from the bleachers. I guess the right to own a gun trumps the right to live.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    For all anyone knows that guy could have cleaned up his act and been a straight arrow ever since his 2nd bust. It doesn't say he killed or injured anyone, just that he was caught driving with an arbitrary blood alcohol number. He could have blown .08 each time, that wouldn't necessarily make him a drunk, just someone who didn't wait long enough to get behind the wheel. I've known plenty of people who, at one time, drank and drove and never got caught and did no damage to anyone. I've known heavy drinkers who have quit and never had another drink, after getting busted. People should not have their rights stripped away for something they may have gotten past. For all anyone knows this guy may be one of those who've cleaned up his act. If he meets the criteria for a LTCH it should be his, no matter what MADD supporters think.
    I know of some people who would gladly let a man who had a .19 BAC carry a gun and drive again.

I'm sorry Mr Jarrell but your daughter is dead, but it's ok,. the guy was only a little drunk

Top Bottom