• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    There was a recent post from an INGO member looking for scout rifle ideas. I finally got around to getting some pics of mine uploaded and thought I would share. Would love to hear the members feedback.

Marlin 30AW 30-30 Lever Scout Rifle

* swapped wood furniture for synthetic black for looks and weight reduction.
    * added paracord wrap to lever to reduce wear on my hand.
    * added buttstock cartridge holding sleeve for quick reloading.
    * added scout scope with long eye-relief Amazon.com: Ultimate Arms Gear Tactical 2-7x32 Long Eye Relief Scout Rifle Pistol Scope Kit With Level & Duplex Reticle Kit With Included 7/8" Weaver-Picatinny Scope Rings+ See Through Lens Covers+Lens Cleaning Kit: Sports & Outdoors

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Nicely done. My cowboy assault rifle is at the smithy being drilled and tapped for some Skinner winged sights. I already had the barrel chopped to 16.5", shortened the stock a bit and put on a low profile pad and had the whole thing finished in Birdsong Green. Last step will be a black textured finish to the wood.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Nicely done. My cowboy assault rifle is at the smithy being drilled and tapped for some Skinner winged sights. I already had the barrel chopped to 16.5", shortened the stock a bit and put on a low profile pad and had the whole thing finished in Birdsong Green. Last step will be a black textured finish to the wood.

This one you gotta show us when it's done.

turn n shoot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I am a lever action fan, and have several set up different ways. I recently set up my Marlin 1894SS - .357 mag with a 2 power Leupold EER Scout scope, & it is quickly becoming a big favorite. Two power doesn't sound like much, but it sure does help a lot with those 100yd shots,particularly with my aging eyes.

Best Wishes,
    Tom

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    That is a very nice job you did. I like it. Do you hunt with it? Or is if for just in case.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I do not hunt with it because I mainly hunt deer and that gun is illegal for such use. It is pretty much just a range gun for me.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ONE day I'll inherit a Winchester 94 in .30-30... (unfortunate that it's new enough to have the cross-bolt safety, but oh well)

I think that I'll convert / transform it into a "tactical lever zombie" gun over time.

Who knows what'll be available by that time - but a small red dot might make it to the top...

-J-

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Very nice setup you've got there. It's not going to make any purist's smile, but that's ok. I can see the logic in the setup and I think it'd be nice to take that thing hunting out of state. I've got one lever action rifle that's plane jane from the factory and all I've done is replace the mag tube follower with a stainless follower and rubber oil on the stocks. You put some work into yours and it shows.

Top Bottom