My S&W Customer Service Experience (why I'm a fanboy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So my M&P9c has been known to show some rust on the slide along the serrations and stamps for a while. I clean it off and forget about it. After the last class I ran it in, it looked like it had been thrown in a lake the rust was so bad. I emailed S&W and asked why they thought my stainless gun was rusting. They emailed me back and said they were sending a FedEx tag and that I was to send it back. I sent it back a week ago Monday. I got it back today.

They put on a new slide, ALL metal levers in the frame were replaced, the gun was clean, they put on night sights where there were none before and they gave me free magazines....and they picked up the shipping both ways.

I'm a S&W fan and likely always will be. Companies that take care of their customers like S&W does are few and far between. There is a reason I have a safe full of Smiths.:rockwoot:

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    My SW1911 shows some surface rust on the top of the slide and in some parts on the frame and controls... I also have holster scars on it though, I wonder if they'd hook me up.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well that's refreshing to hear because I just picked up an M&P 15 from Bradis today (:D) so I guess if I have any problems it sounds like S&W will stand behind it.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I haven't had the "opportunity" to test S&Ws customer service myself, but I'm glad that they did right by you. That's great customer service there. Makes me feel that much better about having an M&P.
    It's also good to hear about the good stuff. Usually these internet boards only hear the complainers.

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    S&W's service definitely rocks. I have had the pleasure of dealing with them twice and they went above and beyond both times.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    S&W CS

I have also had a good experience with S&W customer service. My wife's 317T would not hit a point of impact to which the sights could be adjusted. I called Smith and they told me how to send it in at their expense. They adjusted the barrel and shipped it back and all was well.

Terry

Top Bottom