• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    It was this month's issue of "tactical rifle" and I was mistaken, it was the course with EAG Tactical (I knew that, I must have been confused). It was a recent carbine course and Pat Rogers is quoted on saying that the orientation of the batteries, the fact that the optic has problems in the cold and a few other small things need improving, but it's a good optic otherwise. :) Carry on!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Pat Rogers is quoted on saying that the orientation of the batteries, the fact that the optic has problems in the cold and a few other small things need improving, but it's a good optic otherwise.

Methinks he's mellowing in his old age. ;)

Thanks for following up on this. Out of curiosity, who was the author of the article?

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Methinks he's mellowing in his old age. ;)

Thanks for following up on this. Out of curiosity, who was the author of the article?

Mag was actually "Combat Arms"... I think I'm falling apart at a young ago, I can't even remember the mag name. The author was .... (Looking it up).... Frank W. James. It actually looks familiar by the pics, so it might be a print of an article I've seen online. :)

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Back to the range today with my M&P15T, the Eotech isn't mounted high enough, so I have to order a riser for it. Hopefully that would fit the problem. With the iron sights, same result as last time. Only this time, all my shots were inside the 10 rings with a few in the dead center. I am very happy with this M&P15T. Also, no smoke this time. :rockwoot:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Mag was actually "Combat Arms"... I think I'm falling apart at a young ago, I can't even remember the mag name. The author was .... (Looking it up).... Frank W. James. It actually looks familiar by the pics, so it might be a print of an article I've seen online. :)

The Combat Arms article features INGO member abnk in one of the big photos, getting "counseled" by Pat. :yesway: My buddy Doug T, who is not an INGOer (yet), also appears in a couple of the photos. The EAG course in question was the one Frank attended back in 2007; I was there, as well (EAG Carbine Operators Course 2007 ). The article is, IMO, rambling and poorly written, and contains a number of inaccuracies and "embellished" quotes and facts.

My :twocents:

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    The Combat Arms article features INGO member abnk in one of the big photos, getting "counseled" by Pat. :yesway: My buddy Doug T, who is not an INGOer (yet), also appears in a couple of the photos. The EAG course in question was the one Frank attended back in 2007; I was there, as well (EAG Carbine Operators Course 2007 ). The article is, IMO, rambling and poorly written, and contains a number of inaccuracies and "embellished" quotes and facts.

My :twocents:

Thanks for the clarification, Shooter. I'm usually not one to read the gun rags, but I've been taking trips with the wife a lot and needed something to read. I thought the pics looked familiar from awhile ago. I could swear I saw them online. I also found some errors in grammar and spelling in the article and it did seem to ramble. And it seems like the same people write aricles for all of them! :) Anyways, I don't have a problem with the eotech, I just like aimpoint a little better. ;)

My friend at Anderson PD just bought an M&P15 and loves it. I guess he is using it for patrol use. Great rifles, imo.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    why do you feel that the eotech isnt high enough? do you prefer the lower 1/3rd cowitness? Try it before you ditch the eotech mount.

The Eotech 512 is mount with any other mount on the M&P, I am not going to ditch it. I am going to raise it a little with a mount for it.

Top Bottom