• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This morning an Indiana State Trooper was forced to kill a suspect in the middle of Main Street, 3 blocks from my house.
    One person critical after police action shooting

Last Saturday morning at 3:55am a car went speeding down the alley in reverse, just missing my garage, and then slid to a halt and one of the occupants pumped 12 rounds of 9mm out the window. I called 911 and it took FWPD 20 minutes to get a car on the scene. (5 blocks from downtown) While they were taking photos of the empty casings, 5 more shots were fired about 5 blocks down the street. The officer just kept taking photos and then drove away.

Last summer someone pumped 8 rounds of 9mm into the radiator of a car parked just 2 houses down the street.

Today, I started to open carry in my neighborhood. If I am driving or going away from home I still wear a long shirt covering my HK45C. My wife wondered why I keep a pistol grip 12 ga mounted over the bedroom door, sleep with an M9 with lasergrips on the nightstand and keep a loaded AK47 close by. Now she understands that we have to be proactive and can't afford to wait 20 minutes for the police to arrive.

A couple neighbors gave me the thumbs up when they saw the .45 while I was walking the dog. One neighbor said she was coming over the next time the rounds started flying.

I have a shoulder rig for my S&W 500 Magnum, but I think I'll stick with the .45 for now. If this continues I may start slinging the FS2000 and carrying the 500 on my dog walking trips.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This morning an Indiana State Trooper was forced to kill a suspect in the middle of Main Street, 3 blocks from my house.

Last Saturday morning at 3:55am a car went speeding down the alley in reverse, just missing my garage, and then slid to a halt and one of the occupants pumped 12 rounds of 9mm out the window. I called 911 and it took FWPD 20 minutes to get a car on the scene. (5 blocks from downtown) While they were taking photos of the empty casings, 5 more shots were fired about 5 blocks down the street. The officer just kept taking photos and then drove away.

Last summer someone pumped 8 rounds of 9mm into the radiator of a car parked just 2 houses down the street.

Today, I started to open carry in my neighborhood. If I am driving or going away from home I still wear a long shirt covering my HK45C. My wife wondered why I keep a pistol grip 12 ga mounted over the bedroom door, sleep with an M9 with lasergrips on the nightstand and keep a loaded AK47 close by. Now she understands that we have to be proactive and can't afford to wait 20 minutes for the police to arrive.

A couple neighbors gave me the thumbs up when they saw the .45 while I was walking the dog. One neighbor said she was coming over the next time the rounds started flying.

I have a shoulder rig for my S&W 500 Magnum, but I think I'll stick with the .45 for now. If this continues I may start slinging the FS2000 and carrying the 500 on my dog walking trips.

Heh, if I was your neighbor, i'd make sure I announced my presence before getting too close after that sort of thing...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana

take a good look around your area late at night.. sounds like someone is dealing in the area & rival "retailers" don't like it...

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I'm guessing the South side. Things are going to get worse as things get hotter I'm afraid. The bangers seem to be getting a bit more accurate lately and hitting more adversaries. Taking some trash out of the gene pool is a good thing. I hope none of the good guys get struck in the crossfire.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    What he said!!

Good luck!

Why should the OP have to undertake the strenuous effort to move his family and himself just because there are miscreants and criminals around?

Safety is the name of the game, but I think OP has every right to stay where he's at if he thinks it's safe to do so. I think the criminals should move. Preferably into a nice lot about 72" below the surface of the Earth or behind those big old-style stone masonry buildings with the huge wrought-iron internal fences.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Why should the OP have to undertake the strenuous effort to move his family and himself just because there are miscreants and criminals around?

Safety is the name of the game, but I think OP has every right to stay where he's at if he thinks it's safe to do so. I think the criminals should move. Preferably into a nice lot about 72" below the surface of the Earth or behind those big old-style stone masonry buildings with the huge wrought-iron internal fences.

He certainly has that right; but he also has the duty to protect his family in the best way that he possibly can, which, in this situation, might entail moving. Sad but true; its almost impossible to flush all the rats out of the neighborhood, and if you do, they'll just come back in again.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

I think it's kind of assumed for the sake of discussion that safe has long since left the neighborhood.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    can we just round up all the "bangers" give them a state ..........lets say California ........ we just fence it off and let them have it .........then we head back in a few months when they are all dead and clean it up ...........scratch that just leave it

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Replace your drywall with ar500 plates...

I lived in Ft. Wayne out of college in 91. My office was on Brooklyn just north of Engle and I'd have a beer after work at Curly's. It was sketchy then.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    can we just round up all the "bangers" give them a state ..........lets say California ........ we just fence it off and let them have it .........then we head back in a few months when they are all dead and clean it up ...........scratch that just leave it

Only if we can detach Commifornia from the continental US, and give it a shove so it floats over into China. It'll fit in quite well over there.

Top Bottom