• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim W.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Brownsburg area
    Ok I've been looking and asking about Glocks. I was actually thinking of getting a G26. So off I go to PSS and look at both the G26 and G19. Jim at PSS helped me decide on the G19. I agree with him that once you add a clip extension on the 26 you might as well of bought the 19 to begin with.

I got the G19 and a Don Hume holster. I checked around and the prices were very close with everyone else. So I picked PSS for two reasons, Location and that I have known Jim for several years.

Now I have to wait until Wed to try it out.

Thanks for everyones help.
    Jim

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Congrats on the new glock. I went subcompact with my g27 cause I could add the grip extension to make it the same size as the compacts but always had the option to get back down to the smaller grip if I wanted. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. I will be looking at the 19 when I have the funds for a new handgun. (I'm thinking as a present to myself for my 21st birthday) :D Im pretty set on it as of now.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Congrats. The G19 is a great gun. just like amattern, I have a G27 and like the idea of being able to make it bigger with a grip extension. After going with the .40, I realize that I do have a little more control on the 9mm, so I might also get a G19 as my 'other' handgun

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I have both the G26 and the G19. Although I do not agree that the G26 with mag extension is = to the G19, I'm sure you will be happy with the 19.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I will be looking at the 19 when I have the funds for a new handgun. (I'm thinking as a present to myself for my 21st birthday) :D Im pretty set on it as of now.

No, no, no ...for your 21st birthday, you get yourself a G21. The next year, you'll get a G22 ...and a G23 the next (there's a pattern here :D).

It's okay to pick up a G19 and G20 when you can (perhaps as a Christmas present to yourself).

FWIW, I chose the G27 for much the same reason as you mentioned.

The G19 is probably the most widely used Glock (just a guess), for good reason. Nice choice! :yesway:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    the G19 is my EDC gun of choice. Now the addiction has begun you need to buy another soon or you will start to go through purchase withdraw.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    No, no, no ...for your 21st birthday, you get yourself a G21. The next year, you'll get a G22 ...and a G23 the next (there's a pattern here :D).

It's okay to pick up a G19 and G20 when you can (perhaps as a Christmas present to yourself).

FWIW, I chose the G27 for much the same reason as you mentioned.

The G19 is probably the most widely used Glock (just a guess), for good reason. Nice choice! :yesway:

Ill have to skip my 22nd birthday then since I already have a g22.

shoot the radio

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Made an excellent choice....love my g19,added tac lite,never looked back. G19 feels so smooth shooting(I'm used to .45) breakdown & cleaning is a breeze...overall its just a well built tool. I hated on glocks for long time. Used think people were just buying a brand,shot a friends g17,I inserted foot in mouth...could care less what anyone else says...glock makes one fine pistol

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Spent some time in FL with my brother this past week and got to shoot his 19 with the Advantage Arms .22 LR conversion. That kit is just awesome. I may have to pick one up for my 27.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Congrats on the new glock. I went subcompact with my g27 cause I could add the grip extension to make it the same size as the compacts but always had the option to get back down to the smaller grip if I wanted. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice. I will be looking at the 19 when I have the funds for a new handgun. (I'm thinking as a present to myself for my 21st birthday) :D Im pretty set on it as of now.
    When I carry my g27 I have the 9 shot mag for concealability but carry a 15 rounder in my pocket.

Top Bottom