• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    Well, I bought my first Glock today, a model 26. I have always been a S&W or Ruger guy in the past but I was looking for something specific and the 26 seemed to fit the bill exactly. Of course, I did try to find a deal on a M&P9c but wasn't able to make a trade at a shop that had them advertised at less than $450.00 today only so I went to my local area shop and was shown the 26. Now I would always like to have had some experience with a firearm, whether it be renting one or borrowing one from a friend before I make a purchase but I went with the feel and reputation of this Glock and made the trade. I gave up my SP101 and a few dollars for a G26 and Crossbreed holster that surprises even me in how comfortable it is to wear. This will be my only 9 but I gave up my only .357 to get it. There is a question here in all this rambling guys and it has to do with ammunition. I read all the documentation and unless I just completely missed it I didn't find were in references whether shooting +p ammunition is acceptable. I was hoping someone with Glock experience could enlighten me to this question. Also, I have read that the DPM Systems Technologies Mechanical Recoil System for Glock Pistols is a good investment but again, I have no working knowledge of this product. Can anyone offer me thier opinions on these issues? I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks Charlie

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Glock will handle +P fine. You also might want to get G19 spare mags to allow you to go slightly larger hand gun if you need to, and still have more rounds if you don't.

I've never used DPM Systems product. I know tons of shooters who think the G26 is A-OK stock.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I bought my first Glock today, a model 26. I have always been a S&W or Ruger guy in the past but I was looking for something specific and the 26 seemed to fit the bill exactly. Of course, I did try to find a deal on a M&P9c but wasn't able to make a trade at a shop that had them advertised at less than $450.00 today only so I went to my local area shop and was shown the 26. Now I would always like to have had some experience with a firearm, whether it be renting one or borrowing one from a friend before I make a purchase but I went with the feel and reputation of this Glock and made the trade. I gave up my SP101 and a few dollars for a G26 and Crossbreed holster that surprises even me in how comfortable it is to wear. This will be my only 9 but I gave up my only .357 to get it. There is a question here in all this rambling guys and it has to do with ammunition. I read all the documentation and unless I just completely missed it I didn't find were in references whether shooting +p ammunition is acceptable. I was hoping someone with Glock experience could enlighten me to this question. Also, I have read that the DPM Systems Technologies Mechanical Recoil System for Glock Pistols is a good investment but again, I have no working knowledge of this product. Can anyone offer me thier opinions on these issues? I would appreciate your help very much. Thanks Charlie

Congrats on your first Glock !

Shoot all the +P you want.

I have never heard of that recoil system, thus can offer no help. From personal experience, the $7.00 factory contained rod and spring has always served me well. The only time I have ever tried anything else is when I shoot really hot handloads in .357 sig. Then I do occasionally switch out to a wolf metal rod, but only to allow me to use a different spring weight other than the 17 lb.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I shot my new little Glock today and have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed. All the horror stories I had read about the 2 X 4 handgrip just didn't have a negative influence on my shooting at all. I don't know about "drinking the cool aid" or any other slurs I've heard about the brand but my gun did exactly what I asked of it. It's early, I know but if the gun lives up to my first impression then I think I did myself a favor with going with the G26. I will continue to shoot and love my M&P 40, it has never let me down but I'm just not going to listen to all the rumblings about a certain brand before I put it through its paces myself. Anyway, I like the little compact so much I will deffinately be looking closer at a 17 or 19 when the time comes to move up and into a full size 9. A note on the Crossbreed holster I picked up with this pistol, I wore it all evening last night and all day today after a while I didn't even notice it was there. The cant suited me well and displayed the firearm in a fast convenient manner. Now to switch over to the +p ammunition and I think I will be ready to go.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    A glock 26 was my first glock as well. They are sweet little pieces. As everyone else has said, it will handle +P ammo just fine. I have shot plenty of +P gold dots through mine with no trouble at all. I also think that the stock recoil assembly is just fine even though its polymer. If it ever breaks, buy another one for a couple bucks. :twocents: Enjoy your new Glock!!

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    A stock G26 is my primary carry. It has never failed in any way. Shoots where I point it—every time. No need to change anything. Just like a Kodak, point and shoot. Simple. Reliable. No kool-aid; just facts. Enjoy it.

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    A note on the Crossbreed holster I picked up with this pistol, I wore it all evening last night and all day today after a while I didn't even notice it was there. The cant suited me well and displayed the firearm in a fast convenient manner.

I carry my Glock 19 in a Supertuck with the screw in the front in the bottom hole and the back screw in the second from the bottom. Carries like a dream!

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I shot my new little Glock today and have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed. All the horror stories I had read about the 2 X 4 handgrip just didn't have a negative influence on my shooting at all. I don't know about "drinking the cool aid" or any other slurs I've heard about the brand but my gun did exactly what I asked of it. It's early, I know but if the gun lives up to my first impression then I think I did myself a favor with going with the G26. I will continue to shoot and love my M&P 40, it has never let me down but I'm just not going to listen to all the rumblings about a certain brand before I put it through its paces myself. Anyway, I like the little compact so much I will deffinately be looking closer at a 17 or 19 when the time comes to move up and into a full size 9. A note on the Crossbreed holster I picked up with this pistol, I wore it all evening last night and all day today after a while I didn't even notice it was there. The cant suited me well and displayed the firearm in a fast convenient manner. Now to switch over to the +p ammunition and I think I will be ready to go.

congrats!!! a glock 27 (the .40 cal baby glock) was the first Glock I ever shot (as a kid). I loved it and fell in love with glocks (until I tatsted other flavors). I just got a 26, since Im a 9mm fan. they are great backups in my opinion. I carry a full size pistol as my primary. but if you wanted to carry them as your primary then at least you know it will work when you need it, and for the small size they are extremely accurate.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    g26 was my first glock. got it from an ingo member on trade. best trade i ever got. kudos to the supertuck as well. aslo fits a g17 and g19 fairly well. 17 digs in a bit but the 19 fitz like the 26. i put the 8lb trigger conector and glockworks ti pins in mine. i like a break i can feel and the rest is nicely pronouced. bar is like 6bucks on midwayusa.com. give it a try. i also have the sheir +1 mag exs. makes for a nice pull from the super.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Congrats on the new Glock. It's good to read your positive response, as I look to obtain one this week.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    congrats!!! a glock 27 (the .40 cal baby glock) was the first Glock I ever shot (as a kid). I loved it and fell in love with glocks (until I tatsted other flavors). I just got a 26, since Im a 9mm fan. they are great backups in my opinion. I carry a full size pistol as my primary. but if you wanted to carry them as your primary then at least you know it will work when you need it, and for the small size they are extremely accurate.

Mr. HK got a Glock? Wow....I am impressed. Welcome to the dark side.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Nice pistol enjoy it, I prefer the 27, but would not feel undergunned with the 26 and 12 rd mags (+2) and 124 gr +p Speer Gold dots.

Top Bottom