• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    So I've been looking into a new edc for some time now, wanted to go with a single stack 9mm. Decided on the Kahr CM9, picked it up this past weekend. They're supposed to get a 200rd breakin period which i'm half way through so far. Boring and uneventful, 100% with no malfunctions, using WWB target ammo.

I decided on this gun for its size, I wanted to have the option of pocket carry when necessary. It seems like this will be a breeze to carry, I've been getting used to it for the last few days.

A lot of guys over at kahrtalk recommend "pj holsters" I was just wanting some input here on good, comfortable holsters. I've been using an inexpensive uncle mikes for IWB but it seems like there should be something more comfortable out there.

I know there are some CM9 owners here, any input on IWB holsters?? Also, what self defense ammo are you using?

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    Congratulations.

I use crossbreed super tuck for my cw9. I also have a remora, for when I'm just running out for a quick trip.

Edit: Speer Gold Dot.

Last edited:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I tried the PJ Holster for my PM9 and did not like the clip. It seemed to move around a lot and I never felt is was secure. I like the Remora but I also have a Gun Glove IWB holster IWB Holsters. For the money they are pretty nice. The leather is not real thick and the metal clip is secure.

prduke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I have a newly purchased CW9...just a tad bit bigger than your CM9...7 rounds vs your 6 round. I have ordered the crossbreed mini tuck. I currently use the crossbreed super tuck for my xd9.
    I also have put 100 rounds of my 200 break in. So far, so good.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Not a CM9 owner, but for 9mm I like to use Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +p.

tyler_durden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Westfield
    I carry a cm9 daily on a desantis sof tuck with a polo tuck in around it. Pretty comfortable but I'm looking for something with a little more retention. I have a silent thunder for the g19 so I may be looking at one for the kahr too.

I also have a remora clipless for gym shorts or just to throw on. It's VERY comfortable just not much retention if you loosen your belt for anything. Like at the John.

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    I have a sticky and a remora for pocket carry. The remora is way better than the sticky. I did get the stick for free by emailing them and asking for NRA Instructor discounts. They just sent me a free one. So I really wanted to like it better than the Remora but cant. It is easier to pocket carry, due to the thinner walls. It is harder to reinsert than the Remora. I also am looking to buy another as I just got the gun. Right now deciding between the Cross Breed Super Tuck and Galco.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    In regards to the ammo I really prefer Winchester supreme elite PDX1 bonded hollowpoints. (124g +p) it's worked great in all my 9s.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    In regards to the ammo I really prefer Winchester supreme elite PDX1 bonded hollowpoints. (124g +p) it's worked great in all my 9s.

Thanks, this is what I picked up but I haven't had a chance to shoot any yet. I was in a Dunhams in Logansport a couple weeks ago and this is all they had left in stock. They had them on sale for $20, seemed like a good enough deal. Now I just need to make sure they function ok through my cm9.

Top Bottom