• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I picked up an old Mossberg 500 today from a pawnshop. It's just right to build a tactical/HD gun. It's a smooth vent rib bbl with the choke missing, and has a sight hole at about 18 to 20" on the rib, so that's how long I want it. The bluing and finish is about 80%, so im not going to be afraid to really give it a workout. Im thinking I want a pistol grip setup, but still not 100%. Where should I start? What are some good pistol grips and forearms? heat shields? extended tubes? I got this cheap, the bbl will be cut, so I'm not looking to put a Knoxx setup or anything like that on it. I wanna keep it cheap and make my first Mall Ninja gun..:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot: Lets hear it. Thanks!

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I"ve got a 500 too, the 20" barrel Persueder. I think the heat shield is a must, after shooting mine for the first time I bought one at the range. They sell collapsible stocks for them, so you could consider that if you wanted to ever shoot trap or hunt with it. Also I believe in Indiana if you have a pistol grip (I assume collapsible stock too) it counts as a pistol not a longarm. Here's a link to a stock - can't vouch for the product or the site, just an example from google. Butler Creek Protector Shotgun Folding Stock - Remington

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    HD requirements for a Mall Ninja Shotty:
    • Pistol grip or adjustable stock with pistol grip;
    • Heatshield; and
    • Side saddle for your shells
    Enjoy!!!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Also, it has a rib. So i cant put a heatshield on it. Has anyone ever taken one off? I dont think it would be too hard, but also it doesnt really bother me.

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    you could probably find a short barrel and just swap it out. may cost about the same as having your barrel chopped and the rib removed

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Also, it has a rib. So i cant put a heatshield on it. Has anyone ever taken one off? I dont think it would be too hard, but also it doesnt really bother me.
    Call Ron. Catch him mid day on week days or normal hours on Saturday.

You can take a rib off but a ribbed barrel costs more than a plain one so trade it. Once you remove the rib, you would have to refinish the gun/paint it.

Top Bottom