• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Some of you probably remember this thread on how I got my new Ruger 22/45 4 weeks ago: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/95139-i_have_the_best_wife_ever.html

Well, yesterday I got my first kill with it. After getting up for church I took the dogs out, and the younger one has a hard time with the whole potty outside thing so we normally take a walk around the yard for a few minutes before going back in. I walked over to my pepper plants and noticed a ton of new mole tunnels through them. Then I saw one tunnel moving... "It's go-time"

I quickly ran back in and grabbed the Ruger, and came back out to no movement at all... nothing... I watched for 5 minutes and still nothing.

So I went in and finished getting ready for church, then came out and watched until the wife was ready. I noticed that while I was inside getting ready 10 feet of new tunnel had be created. So I focused my attention on the new section of tunnel waiting for movement. None came.

After about 15 minutes, out of the corner of my eye, about 20 feet away I saw the movement. I quickly darted over to the area and unloaded the mag in a 1 foot section of the tunnel where I saw movement. I didn't see anymore movement, but went to get my gardening shovel just to be sure. I dug up a mole with a perfect head-shot. I don't think I could have made a better head-shot evern if I could see the moles head.

The good news is, I haven't noticed anymore new mole tunnels and the traps I set haven't been set off yet, so I think that was the only mole for now. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    The DNR would like to know if you were wearing your required orange when you made that shot. ;-)

Seriously, nice hit. You must have been watching a lot of "Tremors" to make that kind of shot.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The DNR would like to know if you were wearing your required orange when you made that shot. ;-)

Seriously, nice hit. You must have been watching a lot of "Tremors" to make that kind of shot.
    I do have to admit that I've seen it more than once, but I don't think I've seen it more than twice.

But I think I could handle a tremors type incident now that I have experience shooting moles!!! :D

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nothing like a killer head shot before church. Lol I could only imagine my old ladys reaction if this happened to me before church. Nice work bud. Lol

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Nothing like a killer head shot before church. Lol I could only imagine my old ladys reaction if this happened to me before church. Nice work bud. Lol
    :laugh: My wife insisted on taking a picture of me with the mole and the gun. She sent it to her mom and grandma and said "XXXX shot a mole in the garden and now we're going to church to pray about it"

She has a really creative sense of humor sometimes...

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    beagle was great with moles

We had a beagle and he could find the mole without digging up anything but the mole, then he would flip it up in the air repeatedly. I know the beagle loved it, I very much suspect the mole did not. Our Golden Retriever will dig up a foot or two of mole area to find the mole, I prefer she doesn't try.

Congrats on your big game success!

Terry

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ah dang it... I knew that was coming... I'm too lazy to host them... its a mole, with a hole in it's head... how about this

I used one of these
    Big%20Update%20198.jpg

to put one of these
    hole.JPG

into one of these
    mole1.jpg

btw pic #2 is a "hole" if the picture confused you

Top Bottom