• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I wanted to show off my P95. I also wanted to thank INGO members for all of the information to help with this purchase.
    I have field striped it and noticed a fair amount of grease in there, should I clean it before firing it? :dunno:
    Well, here she is.
    P95.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    CONGRADULATIONS! The first one is always the best! You made a great choice!!!

Keep it clean and it'll last you for years! I have several Ruger's...and NO complaints!

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Congrats! Yes clean it completely then light oil before taking it to range. It gives you a good opportunity to learn the breakdown of it anyway!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Like the others said, give it a good cleaning and then a light oiling.

I fell in love with the P95 due to a magazine test I read when they first came out. They did a 20,000 round military style test to see if the all plastic frame could handle the punishment without metal inserts found on all other plastic lower pistols. After the test, they were not able to measure any appreciable wear. They then did a really nasty 500 round torture test freezing and muddying the pistol, and it came through with flying colors. I had to have one, and glad I got it!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine, a great pistol!!!

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Congrats! Many years ago the p95 was my first handgun too. I still have it to this day. Built like a tank! It will serve you well :yesway: Congrats and enjoy

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Wow, a lot of people really love their Rugers. It feels really solid, I can't wait to shoot it. I got it at Bradis, $319 wasn't the best price I've seen them for but once you see what everything else goes for it is a steal. It is cleaned and ready and from what I've read it will eat any ammo.
    Thanks again!

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    A quick range report. I shot 75 rounds without a single problem. It feels great with a smooth trigger. I'm not going to give a review of its accuracy because I don't feel it would be fair at this time. I used white box winchester and with this being the first time I've shot it I was not very accurate. I wasn't missing the target but there were some large groups. I'm hoping with some better ammo, a little more break in and lots of practice I will be able to tighten them up quite a bit. Over all I'm very happy. :yesway:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    A quick range report. I shot 75 rounds without a single problem. It feels great with a smooth trigger. I'm not going to give a review of its accuracy because I don't feel it would be fair at this time. I used white box winchester and with this being the first time I've shot it I was not very accurate. I wasn't missing the target but there were some large groups. I'm hoping with some better ammo, a little more break in and lots of practice I will be able to tighten them up quite a bit. Over all I'm very happy. :yesway:

Good job! Most guns have a "breakin period". In time you will become more accurate. Also think about taking a class. There are a lot of instructors on this forum. I always suggest ACT. I have been to several of their classes, and can say they are EXCELLENT. Their prices are very reasonable. An incredible value and a lot of fun.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Good job! Most guns have a "breakin period". In time you will become more accurate. Also think about taking a class. There are a lot of instructors on this forum. I always suggest ACT. I have been to several of their classes, and can say they are EXCELLENT. Their prices are very reasonable. An incredible value and a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info. I think taking a class is a great idea. Although I take safety and handling very seriously you can't learn everything from youtube. ;) I'll keep an eye out at MCFG for any classes coming up.

gunfreak6989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    nice gun, you dont have to clean it right away, but from my personal experience cleaning all of that factory gunk out will dramatically smooth out the action, and also will greatly reduce malfunctions within the break in period

hf3787

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Congratulations on your purchase. Clean the metal parts in mineral spirits, blow dry, and use break free CLP on the moving parts, slide, barrel and bushing

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Congratulations on your purchase. Clean the metal parts in mineral spirits, blow dry, and use break free CLP on the moving parts, slide, barrel and bushing

Thanks, I hadn't thought of cleaning in mineral spirits but I am already a fan of clp!:yesway: BTW The action really smoothed out after the cleaning, that grease just seems to gum things up.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Nice, P95 was the first handgun i ever bought. Still have it, usually sits on the nightstand or stays in the truck.

Top Bottom