My FIRST "crazy Gander prices" thread!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I actually spend time DEFENDING Gander Mountain...as I've come across SEVERAL good deals at our local stores. Have even seen good deals in Terre Haute, though I've never bought anything there...

Anyhoo, check this out:

Gander Mountain in Greenwood has a USED Taurus PT1911 for $849.99.

It gets better. They have a NEW one for $749.99.

Nice, huh?

Of course, they do have two used Ruger Mk I pistols for quite reasonable prices...

-J-

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    Yeah, I noticed that some of their used prices were higher than the new ones also, the guy working the counter told me that some of the used guns had "upgrades" that the new ones didn't have, but when I pointed out that the 2 Glock 21's that I was looking at were exactly the same, one used and one new with about a $75 difference in price, he then told me that the used one must have been mismarked! I then put my wallet away and ran for the hills. It just goes to show that a little research and time will pay off in the long run when buying a gun.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I actually spend time DEFENDING Gander Mountain...as I've come across SEVERAL good deals at our local stores. Have even seen good deals in Terre Haute, though I've never bought anything there...

Anyhoo, check this out:

Nice, huh?

Of course, they do have two used Ruger Mk I pistols for quite reasonable prices...

-J-

I must've stolen mine. I got it new for $529 -$75 Rebate for a real cost of $454.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I must've stolen mine. I got it new for $529 -$75 Rebate for a real cost of $454.

No, you didn't steal it! You paid what you SHOULD have paid.

To give a LITTLE credit to the GM fellers, IF a used firearm comes to them in the store, only then do they have latitude as to the price they place on it.

If they receive a firearm "from corporate" (meaning a re-shuffling of inventory), then the price on them comes "from corporate" and is already in their Point Of Sale system.

Same with errors on the tags, I've seen more than a couple of mis-marked firearms...

Anyone wanna call the Greenwood Gander Mountain and speak to a manager about the prices? hehe

-J-

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    They tend to be hit and miss on prices. I saw a PS90 for $2200 when Bob at PSS had them for 1700 and I saw a 1991A1, new, for $650. Some good, some bad.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    whats the deal with all the high prices all of a sudden?

Oh, you haven't heard?

obama_guns.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I shop at Greenwood Gander. Walk around the gun dept all the time OC.

Prices are hit and miss, just like anywhere you shop. They had a couple nice Bushmasters for a grand that recently sold.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yep, I agree it's "hit or miss", but boy, THESE misses are WAY off!!!

The prices they're asking for those PT1911s are right up against, and probably higher, than MSRP!!!!!!

And it's par for the Gander Mountain course.

My "hits" include: $400 for a LNIB 1st Gen Walther P99 9mm, $425 for the same in .40 a year later, $300 for a LNIB 4" blued Ruger GP100 in .357, $125 for a NIB Marlin Model-60, and a Harrington & Richardson 629 for $125 (sold that sucker for $330!).

My one "Miss" was my first handgun, a CZ-40P for $350, I think. My ignorance cost me a little bit on that one.

-J-

Empires Burn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009

Anyhoo, check this out:

Nice, huh?

-J-
    You have the prices reversed. There are 2 used Taurus 1911 for $749 and 1 new for $849.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    SO if we all go out and put a few hundered rounds down the barrel our guns go up in price, Dang we could all make money on this stuff, Gander Mountain may be on to something here, Lets see I bought my PT 1911 stainless for $580.00 have put a couple hundered rounds thru it and now its worth $800.00 plus, Iam rich.
    Makes you wonder how some people can stay in buisness. LOL

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I too noticed that used prices at Gander were sometimes the same as or even more than new. I looked at a Ruger P95 used at $349 and compared it to the new in box one for the same $349! Maybe the price was because of the manual labor in pulling the trigger, racking the slide a few times, and working the mag spring.

Top Bottom