My car window was broken in Hammond last night...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Anyone hear anything about a spree last night? Some @$$ broke my front passenger window over night while I was parked in front of my house on the street. It was the side that was facing the street.

Anyone hear anything?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    FWIW hammond PD just takes a report over the phone... I called hours ago and still no one has called me back...

Also an FYI I called 9-1-1 to report it initially... no less than 12 rings for them to answer...

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The tech from safelite auto just came out and replaced the window... he said he thinks someone was trying to pry on the edge to gain access by the way the trim appears. Looking at it after the new glass was in, he may be correct.

When the glass broke they either immediately took off, or saw there wasn't anything in it and it had a stock factory radio and took off... The door hadn;t been opened. Who knows.

In any event, the glass is replaced but I still have to get the window retinted and then get the ins company to reimburse me for it. $200 comprehensive deductible sucks. Assholes broke my window, got nothing and I lose $200 bucks.

I'm considering sleeping in the truck tonight with an AK.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I can't stand Hammond. I got beat by Hammond when I payed Babe Ruth baseball......about 22 years ago. We were playing for the state regional. I had a no hitter going into the 5th inning and got intentionally beaned. I can't stand Hammond.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Update, 29 hours later and 2 phone calls and Hammond PD has yet to contact me back about the break in............

Meanwhile:
    4465_201422955273_527695273_7143642_4863225_n.jpg

:rolleyes:

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Just go down there you need the police report for the insurance.

Or just speed you will find at least one right away I am sure..

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Nothing like that happened in Schleicher that I'm aware of. Of course it was raining yesterday so I didn't walk the neighborhood. I'll keep my eyes open for windowless cars, I'm sure there are some people out there who aren't as quick as you to fix it. This does make me feel better having a wide driveway with motion-sensor lights on it.

Top Bottom