• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    just to catch me up, what is it you are doing/waiting on for the lower?

The lower has been engraved, and is assembled.

I'm currently waiting on my ATF paperwork to return, so that I can legally mate my lower to my 10.5" upper.

Is it the lower that has to be registered to have a SBR upper on it? Or is it a full auto thing?

Yes, the lower is the registered portion. When I receive my paperwork back I can slap on any length upper I want. For now I'll be adding my 10.5" Noveske MK18 upper to it. Later plans include an 8" .300BLK upper.

No full-auto. :(

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I bet Corey would knock off at least 5 or 10 bucks. :D

Which ones are you looking at, 'cause I know you're doing your due diligence. I can't even decide whether I want a screw-on or a QD. I hit all the mfgs I could at SHOT and left more confused than before. I liked the Surefire's and their mount, but wow they think very highly of their cans! The Gemtechs were nice too, as were the YHM's. I think I'm leaning towards a YHM... Huntertown's got me interested from a price/performance/value perspective, but they're vaporware at this point, and as far as I know they don't offer a QD. Which I'm not convinced I need/want. ACK!

I put an AAC 6N on mine today, but didn't fire through it (They wanted me to rent the their 300blk AR :rolleyes:).

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Which ones are you looking at,

I have a strong preference for something that would quick-attach over an A2-sized flash-hider (like my BattleComp). So far that's meant a Gemtech HALO.

But I hear that Huntertown's new 5.56 Kestrel should be able to do the same. . . .

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a strong preference for something that would quick-attach over an A2-sized flash-hider (like my BattleComp). So far that's meant a Gemtech HALO.

But I hear that Huntertown's new 5.56 Kestrel should be able to do the same. . . .

You're not looking at a 7.62? You know you're getting a 300BLK.... Everyone knows it.:D

pfft... ding! pfft... ding!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So this week marks a few special "Project Iron Widow anniversaries". :D

It was 1-year ago that I purchased my MK18 upper. :eek:

It was 3-months ago that I sent off my Form 1. :crying:

And the waiting continues. . . . . :coffee:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    So this week marks a few special "Project Iron Widow anniversaries". :D

It was 1-year ago that I purchased my MK18 upper. :eek:

It was 3-months ago that I sent off my Form 1. :crying:

And the waiting continues. . . . . :coffee:

so while you are waiting, could you put a pistol buffer tube on the lower and at least use the gun?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    so while you are waiting, could you put a pistol buffer tube on the lower and at least use the gun?

Yes that is an option.

However, I chose to go ahead and build the lower and stake the buffer tube in place because I've been shooting my upper on Mark's lower several times now. ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxHrmycHU7I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    esrice, I just reread through this whole thing again and you motivated me to go ahead and get mine engraved now. My dad just picked up my lower for my sbr today from Orion Arms Corps and I just sent an email to Ident asking about engraving it. All this NFA is getting really hard to do when all my stuff is in Indiana and im in Hawaii. But thanks to you guys keeping me motivated Im managing to get it done pretty good, and when I finally get home Im gonna have a LOT of new cool toys to play with. Mine should look almost just like yours when Im done. I love the videos.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Fantastic! That's the whole point of these build threads. You should start one of your own too!

Id love to start one now, but like I said, all my parts are at home. I think its gonna be a decent budget build that can hopefully help some others out. Be on the look out for one in October.

When you sent your lower to Ident did you have to send using an FFL? Im hoping my dad can get it sent to them soon so I can get my Form 1 started and hopefully go straight to sbr so when I get home there wont be any pistol time.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Top Bottom