• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    New news!!

So after thinking that last year had passed without a bonus at work, my boss went to bat for my department and ensured that I got one! He completely surprised me with it yesterday.

But what does that mean for my SBR build? :dunno:

halo_b_1024_detail.jpg

SSNFA you'll be hearing from me when I get back from vacation! :alright:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So it looks like I'll have a chance to try out the upper at a refresher training day on April 10th! A full report will follow! I'm pumped!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So it looks like I'll have a chance to try out the upper at a refresher training day on April 10th! A full report will follow! I'm pumped!

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS SBR!!

So today my SBR is no longer a virgin.:rockwoot:

Thanks to shooter521 I was able to run my Noveske upper (along with my Magpul CTR stock) on his registered lower during our monthly range outing. After running it through a full day of various drills, I am SUPER impressed with its reliability, accuracy, handiness, and CDI-factor.

Some random thoughts:

• My Aimpoint H1, which was zero'd for lovemywoods' Spike's M4, didn't require any adjustments to be zero'd to the Noveske. We were running all steel, so I couldn't dial it in precisely, but it was hitting POA for our purposes today. :yesway:
    • Even with a gross zero, constant 20+ MPH winds, and 55gr ammo, I was making consistent and repeated hits at ~130 yards going monopod-prone. :yesway::yesway:
    • For a 10.5" barrel, it doesn't bark nearly like I thought it would, even with the A2 flash hider.
    • It is VERY lightweight and handles very well.
    • Installing the BattleComp 2.0 changed the shooting characteristics pretty drastically. I'll have a full comparison coming soon with video.
    • The Noveske + Gemtech HALO is a match made in Heaven. I've never heard a 5.56 "puff" like this did today. I'm sure the crazy wind played a role, but standing 25ft. upwind made the SBR sound like a pellet gun. We were grinning like little girls. :D
    • Did I mention that the Noveske + HALO has the same overall length as a 16" gun? :rockwoot:
    • Perhaps shooter521 will chime in with his initial thoughts.
    How about some pictures!

2cz6ccy.jpg

156r6on.jpg

2ibj828.jpg

s4awyr.jpg

2ii73ba.jpg

219yiow.jpg

2s6274p.jpg

4fwbdj.jpg

2e0odar.jpg

Top Bottom