• ...and so much more!
  • bianjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Hobart
    Hello,
    I was lookin to get a couple of these for my two BOB and seem to be a wide range of price just wanting to know if anyone could recommand a good brand or model that is relyable.

Thanks
    Jeremiah:rolleyes:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I have had good luck with Gerber Muliti Pliers. They're definitely not indestructible, but they hold up well to daily use for me.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    SOG beats them all IMHO

Several advantages:

Customizable: if you don't like a certain tool, you can buy the tool you do like and swap them out yourself.

Warranty repair: you can choose to pay to send your leatherman back to get fixed and wait 2 months to get it repaired, or you can just get a SOG and SOG will send you replacement parts at no cost to you and you can fix it yourself.

Compound pliers: 2X mechanical advantage on the plier jaws equals greater squeezing power without digging into your hand like leatherman super tool

Not supporting an anti-gun company: it's a known fact that Tim Leatherman is anti-gun, why support his company when there are other options out there?

Just a few things to consider...

Also, if you watch the "deal a day" sites SOG multi-tools are on there occasionally. I got my SOG EOD powerlock for $40 from woot. The EOD model doesn't have all the exact things I like but I can buy the things I do want and add them and reconfigure the tool how I like it.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I have had a leatherman Core for ...uh...I think about 8 years now...I think Ive broken every screwdriver tip in the thing...but thats my fault.

Its big, heavy, and sturdy...and DOES NOT have those stupid little scissors.

I love my CORE and customer service is not that bad...Ive sent it in twice and received it back within a couple weeks at most.

Would like to try the SOG if theyre as good as my FlashII.

God bless
    -Shred

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I had a leatherman that I loved. It was a workhorse but I lost it when I moved. :( Then I went and got a gerber as a replacement. It's not bad, but you'll get more bang for your buck out of leatherman.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Leatherman Wave or Blast. Does everything you regularly need. You can't rebuild an engine with it alone, but it can definitely help. Just watch the Wave when using the pliers - it can give a mighty pinch.

And I use those stupid little scissors all the time.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've carried the Victornox Swisstool, for the last six years, and absolutly love it. Many other people I work with carry leathermans, or gerbers, and the Swisstool makes them fell like toys; the thing is built like a tank. Heck they are so hefty, and tough I've even used mine as a hammer many times.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    After trying several, I carry a Leatherman Skeletool clipped on my pocket, and a larger multitool in my bag. The skeletool gets used daily, the larger tool in my bag basically never gets used.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've owned Leatherman, Gerber and SOG. My favorite is the Leatherman Wave but in truth any of them should serve you well unless you are going to subject them to the most severe use.

bianjd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Hobart
    thanks for all the feed back i will look around and see which one works best for me with the brands you guys recommended and i will let you know
    thanks again

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I bought a Leatherman wave when they first came out and finally bent one of the blades, so I had the local hardware store send it back for me ($9), two weeks later, I had a brand new Leatherman Wave.

I like the Wave over others as I can access two blades, the saw and file without opening the tool. The convenience of this is not apparent until you don't have it (used my old Gerber while the Wave was away).

Top Bottom