Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A press release from the GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA:

Obama's Favorite Republican

Dear Second Amendment Supporter,

We told you about the most anti-gun Republican in the U.S. Senate, Dick Lugar of Indiana.

MSNBC calls Lugar “Obama’s favorite Republican.”

And it’s no wonder; Lugar voted for Obama’s anti-gun Supreme Court nominees, and both the President and the Senator support banning guns.

But don’t take our word for it – listen to what Lugar said when he was running for president in 1996 about his support for the Clinton gun ban.

In this YouTube video, Lugar brags about his vote and implies that supporters of the Second Amendment lack “common sense.” The year the so-call “assault weapons” ban passed, Lugar also received a contribution from leftist George Soros.

Even worse, Lugar supports the global, UN small arms treaty. And if Republicans take back control of the Senate – which is likely in 2012 – Lugar will become chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee. You can bet Lugar will pull out all the stops to cram that treaty through the Senate.

Thankfully, this year we have a tremendous opportunity to defeat Lugar.

Richard Mourdock, Indiana’s current State Treasurer, is battling Obama’s favorite Republican in the state’s May 8th Republican primary.

Mourdock is a genuine gun rights supporter. He will oppose the anti-gun agendas of Obama, the UN, and the leaders of either political party. Richard Mourdock has the pro-gun community and grassroots conservatives on his side.

Where Lugar has an advantage is in money, which is pouring in from his liberal allies across the country. In fact, he is already up on TV misleading voters about his record, and he will stay on the air through the primary.

But if gun owners and sportsmen from across the country all chip in a few bucks, while we might not be able to out raise Lugar, we can ensure that Mourdock will have enough to get his message out to the voters.

Working together, we can send Lugar packing, before he does even more damage to our gun rights.

Thank you for standing with GOA, and for your support of Richard Mourdock.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
    Vice Chairman

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Dick's exit from the Senate is looooooong overdue and I would love nothing more than to see him go. Hopefully others in Indiana feel the same way,......but I will honestly be surprised if he it happens.

Dirty Steve

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I had a Lugar campaign worker poll me tonight via phone. It was the most fun I have had since the Super Bowl.

"Thanks for your time sir. I have to go."

I've been laughing since 7:42 PM.

Uncle Lee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Tell City
    The only way he gets elected is that Hoosiers vote for him.
    I have been campaigning against him for years.
    Get out and talk to people.
    Put signs in your yard.
    Put signs (not bumper stickers) on your cars and trucks.
    We need him out. Even if we get a democrat. At least we know what to expect.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Dick's exit from the Senate is looooooong overdue and I would love nothing more than to see him go. Hopefully others in Indiana feel the same way,......but I will honestly be surprised if he it happens.

Dirty Steve

I too want to see him long gone. I will be voting against him in the primary. I hope to gawd I don't have to vote against him in the general election.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    I keep seeing yard signs saying "Retire Lugar". I have voted against him every election since 1987. Him being in office so long speaks loudly for the intelligence of the average Hoosier....This is one Dick we need to cut off!

Top Bottom