MSNBC Poll: Should "IN GOD WE TRUST" be Removed from Currency?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    You guys don't even use paper money in Valpo do you?
    :)
    Guess you just wanted to start the old Separation, Church, State deal again. I'm sure we have enough of them in the archives by now.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

Liberals....

It's been said before, but if our national motto offends them, I will happily take all of the currency and coins they have off their hands, so they don't get offended by it any more.

Preferably, they can send it to me on their way to the plane, boat, or what-have-you that they use to move elsewhere in the world. One way.

ETA:
    Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 16035514 responses
    Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.
    12%
    No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.
    88%

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Nice, another trial balloon from Obamalamadingdong brought to us by the State media.

fricken idiots..

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    If people don't like what's on our money, MAYBE THEY SHOULD LEAVE!!!!!!!
    Won't hurt my feelings.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I use a Credit/Debit card for most purchases.

But, I don't think we should remove "In God We Trust" from our currency. However, it wouldn't bother me that much if we did.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    By having "in god we trust" on our money... we are insulting our muslim president. (Who by the way spends all of it) Now im going to go puke. great discussion... But not a topic for those with a gag reflex. How much more crap are they going to run down our throats?

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.

Does nothing to establish a state religion. like hell it doesn't we are a christian nation our rights come from God and if you take God out of the picture we have no rights. They didn't give Yes but we are still a christian nation. Or just No.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Does nothing to establish a state religion. like hell it doesn't we are a christian nation our rights come from God and if you take God out of the picture we have no rights. They didn't give Yes but we are still a christian nation. Or just No.

Where does that leave those of us who were raised or who currently actively practice Judaism? No, this is not a "Christian nation", this is a nation of people who primarily practice Christianity, and is founded on Judeo-Christian (Biblical) laws. There is only one God. By what name we know Him or in what tradition we worship Him is of far less importance than the fact that we do.

Blessings,
    Bill

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I say we take "FEDERAL RESERVE NOTE" off our currency instead and replace it with "US TREASURY NOTE"!!!!!

:rockwoot: :patriot:

Top Bottom