• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    I am formally starting a sub-branch of the MSG 3 group. It will be known as MSG 3.1 mainly I would like to meet up somewhere that is centrally located for everyone. I am located in northern Bartholomew close to the Shelby county line. I would be intrested in meeting sometime this month. As of right now Friday Aug. 12 will be the tenitive date. location of the meeting, will be at Chilies in Columbus at 7pm.

Thanks for reading :ingo:

Well it seems that only a handful have replied. So far the only confirmed people that will be able to make it Friday night are

1. Tooleman
    2. Pamcake
    3. Randall

It seems the day is the major problem and if needed it can be change I would like to get a group of at least 5 people, however the way it looks now it will be me and pamcake. It is like they say Rome wasn't built in one day.

Last edited:

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    3.1 is a great idea. Although Bloomington is fairly central to the MSG 3 area, it's a serious drive for people on the outskirts. I know there was interest in the Terre Haute area too.

I live in Bloomington, but I'd be happy to come out to your meetings as well. Not sure If this first one will fit my schedule yet though. Maybe one suggestion for you - the Bloomington meeting is traditionally the first thursday of each month. Would you consider the third friday of the month to get a more even spacing between them? Just a thought, not a deal breaker for me to come.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Setting a standard date and time would be a great idea once we get more people involved thanks for the idea.

3.1 is a great idea. Although Bloomington is fairly central to the MSG 3 area, it's a serious drive for people on the outskirts. I know there was interest in the Terre Haute area too.

I live in Bloomington, but I'd be happy to come out to your meetings as well. Not sure If this first one will fit my schedule yet though. Maybe one suggestion for you - the Bloomington meeting is traditionally the first thursday of each month. Would you consider the third friday of the month to get a more even spacing between them? Just a thought, not a deal breaker for me to come.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    What would be some good days I just picked one my main thing I really don't want to drive an hour to meet some where

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I would be interested in this. As I am out in the Columbus/Seymore area about once a week or so. I'll keep an eye on this thread for dates/times.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    I'm in Johnson county, been to MSG 2 and 3, and they are all about an hour away for me. I'm happy to try 3.1 also so I can meet people closer to home :)

I should be able to make it on the 12th.

Last edited:

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    We are off to a good start at this meeting we will come up with a more perment time and place to hold these meetings. What else would be some good topics that you guys would like to talk about?

Randall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    I can be there on the on the 12th and I am interested in the group I can make any time next week.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Any set agenda? Besides the beer and food that is :-)

Yea

Set a standard meeting date and time

Discuss a training/skills needs such as canning, general first aid

start a special skills tree, special items that members can share with others i.e. so if I want to know more about canning for example I can go to this list and contact people so we can share information

open items that may be important that other members need :dunno:

this meeting will be a short one mainly working on getting the foundation of the group so the MSG will be helpful to members in the area. If anyone who can not make it has any suggestion please voice your concerns so that we can discuss them and report back on.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    Anyone who wants FREE CHIPS & QUESO for tonight !!

just go to the CHilli's website & join the "email club" & they give you a printable coupon.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Well the meeting was a success. We have determined that the second wednesday of each month at 7pm. The next meeting will be September 14 at Pizza king in Franklin. As I stated in earlier posts these meeting will held at different locations in the surrounding counties. I hope to see more people at this meeting. We have discussed several topics at this last meeting Randall will be posting some of the minutes from this meeting at a later point.

Randall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Minutes of MS 3.1
    As best as I recall (I am NOT the guy you want to take notes)
    We talked about every one skill sets (which I am not going to post here)
    Discussed possible situations to prepare for
    Made list of desired training sessions
    1. Basic blacksmithing
    2. Basic firearms repair
    3. Reloading
    4. HAM radio and communication
    5. Field craft and Recon
    6. Security and Patrolling
    7. Medical / first aid / wilderness medicine
    8. Food storage

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Just a reminder next meeting will be at the Franklin pizza king September 14 at 7pm topics for this months meeting are still open

Top Bottom