• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The wife and I are moving planning on moving to the Brownsburg area around June or July. Can anybody tell me, are there any neighborhoods there I should avoid when looking for a place to live? Places known for a higher than average crime rate, not gun friendly, neighborhoods where parents let their kids run a muck on a daily basis (not the occasional kids being kids), areas prone to flooding or anything else like that? Any schools that have a good autism program for a 6 year old? Any input would be great and appreciated.

Oh, and any good gun shops and/or ranges in the area also. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Premier Arms is about the only gun store open in BBurg now. I have heard that someone else is getting another gun store open soon.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the only encounters that I have had with/had related to me about BPD have been entirely negative, eg them outright lying on a police report and withholding evidence and them harrassing my friend's father while he takes his evening walk eg stopping him and questioning him about what he is doing. I don't see it ending pretty if those were combined while you are out OCing on your evening stroll...

as well as excessive use of force - 8 BPDcops (as well as 2 HCSD) drawing down on one person who has done nothing but comply?

no offence to any BPD members, but y'all don't have a good rep with me, and I will never be a resident of Brownsburg due to the PD.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I've lived in Brownsburg for 8 years. PM with your email address and I'll be glad to give you details. On the whole, Brownsburg is a great community with pretty good schools and a (relatively) safe place to live.

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Welcome! Have lived in Brownsburg for a little over 4 years at this point and love it. Nice community. Traffic around the I-74 exit can sometimes be a pain. Brownsburg has a great public school system that is ranked highly in the state. Not sure how well they handle children with special needs, though.

Premier Arms is the only shop I am aware of at the moment but the post above sounds like we may be getting another. Fort Liberty in Avon is 10 minutes away.

I dont think there are any truly "bad" parts of Brownsburg, it just isnt that big. We live on the north side of I-74 in a community built in the 70s where several of our neighbors have flooding/septic issues when it rains. If you are on city water I would imagine this isnt an issue.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I live in Brownsburg and I love it here. There are no bad/dangerous areas at all. And there are plenty of nice areas, parks, etc...

I grew up in Indy, so to me, its really quiet and peaceful out here. Like I said, I love it. I'm planning on staying here for a long time.

Premier Arms is the gun store.

I cannot second the bad rep about the cops. I was pulled over once because my plate sticker was expired and the guy was totally cool with me. And insead of impounding my car he let me pull in to a nearby parking lot and call someone for a ride. I've been in the station a few times, too, and everyone was friendly and professional.

$0.02

Top Bottom