• ...and so much more!
  • k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Beretta 9000D.

Long, heavy double action trigger. Heavy gun that just never fit my hand.

I've had a few guns that I didn't really like but I'm not sorry I bought them.

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Probably most disappointed in my Ruger 10/22. It was never as accurate as I expected. Not a fan of its rear sight, and could never seem to get a scope to zero on it. I will never part with It , as I got it when I was 13, and Mom looked through hundreds to find one with an amazing wood grain pattern. I could probably trick it out and make it awesome, but then it just wouldn't be the same gun. So, functionally, it was disappointing, but sentimentally, its great

ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    Ditto, Puma lever in 44 mag. Plenty of power but never found a load that shot good enough to suit me. I had high hopes for that gun, loved the looks and feel but Like I said, it was one of the few guns I've ever had that I could out shoot it.

I also owned a puma lever action fun to shoot and it shot tight groops just not where I aimed. But when I bought a new marbles rear sight it did'nt fit. Stupid rear sight notch was cut on 10mm dovetail vs. a 3/8. So the sight just fell out, so I just put the old one in and traded it for an SAA great gun.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Mine was a Beretta Tomcat in.22lr...spent more money on trying to find ammo that the gun would cycle than I paid for the gun...never found anything that woouldn't jam or stove pipe. I don't hold any grudge agains Beretta....I have a 92FS that like a lot and 4 premium Beretta premium shotguns....But that Tomcat just plain sucked.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I bought a keltec p11 and it just didnt do it for me. I looked at them for a while and when I finally bought it I couldnt hardly rack the slide because the spring was so tight (my wife could only pull it back about half way). When I shot it for the first time I couldnt hit nothing with it. The flimsy plastic guide rod was a turn off too. I traded it for a double barrel 12 guage, and got myself a Taurus Millenium pt111 and am much happier with it.:rockwoot:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Heritage .22/.22 magnum. Two cylinder wheel gun, single action, cowboy looks. I really expected this to be a great plinker, that when I got good enough with, I could hunt squirrel. Not so much. Most of my friends could shoot pretty good with it. I could never hit the broad side of a barn. Made a heck of a trade on a Jennings J22. No masterpiece in it's own right, but this one's pretty reliable, and I still have it. Never shoot it, but still have it. Hmmmmm....
    Honorable mention goes to the Sig mosquito solely for its double action trigger. Rest of the gun pretty good for what it is. DA trigger, POS.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have some, but not the gun's fault. They were fine, just not for me.

Ruger P-95. Thought it was a carry gun. Built like a tank and wayyy too big for a little punk like me.

Browning Buckmark. Bought one from 21st Century because I had to have one. Never was a good fit.

Glock 26. Needed a carry gun, traded a CZ75B and a KelTec P-11 for it. Had a New York trigger disconnect installed. Added an extended mag release. Bought some grip tape of some kind. Too blocky and I couldn't shoot it well.

Finally, as much as I hate to say it.... My Bulgarian Mak. Accurate, potent, easy to carry. Problem was, where my girly hands landed when I gripped it was right where the trigger guard pulldown pivot was, and it was sharp right there. I thought about having the gun "melted", I just couldn't see putting a bunch of money in it. Kinda bummed about that one.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    a full head to toe tacsol browning buckmark "race" gun. had every trick part and shot like a dream and will never get a deal like I got on it in my life again but it just wasn't practical as I as a general rule don't buy "fun" guns I buy them for defense, but some pull double duty.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    smith & wesson 22a ,Was the most accurate 22 pistol I ever owned then one day out in the backyard shooting a box charles daly standard velocity ammo when the grip panel, extractor pin & spring blew out the side of the gun .Sent it back to s&w & they wouldnt cover any damage because in their opinion I was using too HOT a 22 load?????Like I handloaded a 22 lr.Havent owned a smith since

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    As I pick up a few more items here and there, I'm wondering, what is the gun that you had the highest expectation for, but for you personally, it was a huge disappointment? I am just curious because it could save me hundreds of dollars to just hear about someone else's experience. I know everyone is different and you just have to "feel" the weapon so this is just a general discussion and not a solicitation for flaming of personal gear.

appreciate the input

Ruge LCP very concealable cute gun in a lees than desirable stopping round (.380)

But the best gun is the gune you have with you right?

VERY dissapointing horrible long and heavy trigger pull for a unit this size. Kicked like a mule. Jammed up after the second magazine required clearing.
    Never picked it up again sold it. IMHO bad design.

Oh if you watched the side of the gun it would flex ad the trigger was pulled? That cant be good

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The biggest disappointment for me was my S&W 1076. I loved that gun. It felt fantastic in my hands, I loved the size, the power, the decocker no manual safety operation, the sheer power available. I spent a pretty penny on it, intending to make it my primary carry gun in preference to my Beretta Model 92. It was very accurate, had a sweetheart of a trigger, was a total *****cat to shoot with mid-power defensive loads, and wonderfully controllable even with full power loads. I loved that gun... except for the fact that I never got through a full mag without a malfunction. Tried different mags, tried every ammo I could get my hands on, had other shooters try it. It just kept jamming. Broke my heart. Messed up thing is, I'd buy another if I could find one and had the coin, in the hopes it would work right. I really loved the gun. They can't all be that bad, right? Even though the FBI did dump them pretty quickly.

Another disappointment was a Glock 23, but it didn't bum me out near as much as the 1076 did. Even though my Glock 19 worked very well, I just didn't have the same love affair with Glocks. The 23 jammed every 50 rounds or so.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I'm of the school that you never sell guns. Seen too many people disappointed after doing so. However...

I had an Olympic PCR-97 HBAR that would shoot WAY to the right. Even with the rear sight at full adjustment it would only get it close to POA. I remembered that the rear sight was in that position when I bought it so it wasn't just me. That is the only gun I've ever sold. I try and find something to like in every gun before I buy it, but if it don't shoot its gone.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I'm of the school that you never sell guns. Seen too many people disappointed after doing so. However...

I had an Olympic PCR-97 HBAR that would shoot WAY to the right. Even with the rear sight at full adjustment it would only get it close to POA. I remembered that the rear sight was in that position when I bought it so it wasn't just me. That is the only gun I've ever sold. I try and find something to like in every gun before I buy it, but if it don't shoot its gone.

Canted front sight, I'd guess (?).

It's a shame - even the "ABC's" let a few of 'em make it out of the door now and then. Usually, it completely sours the owner on that brand-name (worse yet, sometimes the entire platform).

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Biggest disappointment for me was my Kimber TLE. After 2 trips back to the factory for rehab, it still couldn't make it through >4 shots without a jam. Lost all patience and sent it to Wilson for an overhaul. Now, with the exception of the name on the slide, nothing Kimber about it, but WOW does it shoot great.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    for me it is the XDM. i am not saying it is not a good gun it just is not for me. i happened to like the original XD very much and the XDM was a dissapointment to me. again not trying to talk bad about it if it works for you then great. it is just not for me.

i also feel the same way about the RTF2 Glocks and the gen 4 Glocks. again good guns just not for me. i will stick with the 3rd gen Glocks.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Marlin 1894SS. new out of the box it keyholed and would not keep anything I tried on a 3' x 5' piece of cardboard at 25yds. Back to the factory it goes; now it was better when I got it back. It would do 8" at 100yds. with a load it liked. :rolleyes: I've read Marlin 44's can have a loose bore and they will call them in spec. I believe if I would have held on to it, slugged the barrel and bought cast sized accordingly it likely would have shot fine; I just shouldn't have to do that. Too bad as my 444 shoots well and so has every other Marlin bigbore I've tried.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Dick's exculsive 11-87 supermag. Turned into a single-shot auto while hunting waterfowl and entire season. I feel bad for the guy who bought that one used from Gander Mountain in Castleton. Sorry if you ended up with it...

Top Bottom