• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was outside doing some work this afternoon, and a bobcat CASUALLY walked by, no more than fifteen feet away! By the time I got my phone ready to snap a picture, he was already rounding the corner, but I was able to snap one quick picture. I have seen lots of bobcats, but it was amazing to be SO CLOSE to one in the wild.

1alc5FR.png

Last edited by a moderator:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I love seeing them, used to regularly when I was at Ft Hood.

We caught one in a trap set for coyote a few years ago, I'd prefer not to see one that close again. :):

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I see them on cameras a lot and during deer season from stands. Getting one out of a trap is not something I would want to participate in.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    There's a video circulating of a guy with a 4x4 piece of OSB that cut a small triangle on the edge then put himself between him and the trapped bobcat putting the triangle over the trapped paw. He removes the trap and the cat runs off without incident

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My uncle Bob had one get in his garage decades ago in Sharpsville. He figured it wouldn't be hard to remove. My sides ached after he told me that story as I was laughing so hard!! Tears streaming down my face, I asked him: Was it really worth it? He said that cat tried to kill him. Buwahahaha!!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There's a video circulating of a guy with a 4x4 piece of OSB that cut a small triangle on the edge then put himself between him and the trapped bobcat putting the triangle over the trapped paw. He removes the trap and the cat runs off without incident

We did something similar but with a large storage tote. I've seen video of people using those plastic swimming pools for little kids.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My hunting partner and I both walked it in on the kitty. When the cat started trying to run away it ended up tripping itself and we dropped the tote on him. Once he was under it he immediately got calm so I positioned the tote while my partner got the trap out from under it and removed it from the cat. At that point we both were holding it down and the cat was still calm so I backed off and my buddy flipped the tote off and the cat ran into the woods. Worked pretty well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My hunting partner and I both walked it in on the kitty. When the cat started trying to run away it ended up tripping itself and we dropped the tote on him. Once he was under it he immediately got calm so I positioned the tote while my partner got the trap out from under it and removed it from the cat. At that point we both were holding it down and the cat was still calm so I backed off and my buddy flipped the tote off and the cat ran into the woods. Worked pretty well.

Does that tote trick work for cougars too? Asking for a lonely friend.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I've only managed to set eyes on a bobcat a few times in my entire life...

However seeing as we're talking about beautiful things in the wild... I was on a horseback trip once with the wife and kids, and we say a deer giving birth. That was real cool. She was only about 30 yds from the trail. Not only that, but we got to gallop to catch up to the group... They never let you ride fast on those riding tours...

Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I get pics of bobcats every year on game cams at our farm in Mitchell. This past year a friend had one come within fifty feet while deer hunting. It was the first one anyone has seen in the daytime in the twenty four years we have owned the farm. I am hoping that I will see one in the light of day soon.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    That’s incredible! I had an owl once land right next to me in a tree stand for 30 minutes. That was neat.

Top Bottom