• blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    picture.php

Anyone know what the diamond stamp is?

From what I can tell off of 7.62 x 54r.net this is built at Izhevsk, but there is also the Tula Hammer on the receiver which can mean pre '28. I'm getting confused here. Any help would be appreciated. Lots of stamps and meanings to them. Fun stuff though.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    picture.php

Anyone know what the diamond stamp is?

From what I can tell off of 7.62 x 54r.net this is built at Izhevsk, but there is also the Tula Hammer on the receiver which can mean pre '28. I'm getting confused here. Any help would be appreciated. Lots of stamps and meanings to them. Fun stuff though.

The diamond is just another common inspection/ refurb mark, what you have is a early 20's Tula reciever that was recycle at the Izhevsk arsenal in 1933 to build a 91/30. The reciever was originally either used on a M91, or a Dragoon and was recycled after the barrel was either damaged or shoot-out.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    The diamond is just another common inspection/ refurb mark, what you have is a early 20's Tula reciever that was recycle at the Izhevsk arsenal in 1933 to build a 91/30. The reciever was originally either used on a M91, or a Dragoon and was recycled after the barrel was either damaged or shoot-out.

That is what I was thinking but wasn't positive and didn't want to sound uninformed when i speak about this rifle. Thank you sir.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Got some pics of a few on my Finns today.
    First 2 pics are of my 3 1941 VKT M39s.
    picture.php

picture.php

Next up are a couple of Finn M91s. One on the left is a 1942 VKT, on the right is a 1915 Peter the Great, with Serbian crown and English Contract marked stock. Also, the VKT has 4 [SA] marks.
    picture.php

picture.php

And lastly, my 1933 M27 in a walnut stock and a Finn capture 1942 Izhevsk 91/30 with blued bolt.
    picture.php

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    M44

Minty not 110% sure yet on date.
    matching #'s When I got it home i removed ALL cosmo, dirt, grime. I took a scotch brite pad lightly/evenly removed the surface grime and found the beauty underneath!, Not to many stamps on the wood like others ive seen but everything else is in perfect shape.

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0324.jpg
    S5030489.jpg
    S5030447.jpg
    197 yards 5 x 6 card
    IMAG0320.jpg

I would love to get the import markings OFF this beautiful rifle.

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    Doing that and getting caught will get you an extended vacation at one of the fine Federal Penial Instutions and the honor of losing you right to keep and bare arms.

:patriot:

I know this, but thanks for reminding the rest of INgo who might not know......:patriot:
    +1 for you Miller and congrats on your 550 th post!

Top Bottom